Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LabHorn build pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekoffensive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LabHorn build pics
    Posted: 09 February 2011 at 7:48pm
difficult build but worth it, started a pair last week

this one was a pain in the arse so ended up using mdf

tested them for the first time today and we couldnt be more chuffed with them, thanks to anyone thats been answering our questions for the last two weeks.

don't quote me on that...
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2011 at 8:31pm
I'm not surprised you like them. I love mine. Get some USB's above them and jobs a goodun.
Symmetry Soundsystem
tekoffensive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekoffensive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 11:14am
we have 4 hd215s and a pair of turbo floods on top, we already built the hds so making usbs isnt really an option now as we want more labs! the hds sit perfectly on top tho, same width and sound perfect to my ears.

using them properly tomorrow and cant wait, weve only had them about half volume so far and cant believe how they sounded
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 11:54pm
Fairplay.
Symmetry Soundsystem
tekoffensive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekoffensive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2011 at 11:16am

what do yuo run yours with and what freq do you play thru them? you meantioned something about not putting much more than the rms in them?

were planning to run one off each side of a matrix xp5000 playin 35hz with a long slope up to 80hz not sure how much power theyll be getting but am gonna be careful with the levels and limit them just in case
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:35pm
We used our for the first time this weekend gave them around 1200w with a crossover of 35HZ LR24 Db slope. Sounded good like this started out with a 48Db slope but was advised warmth of the sound was far better with the LR 24 which it was. Think i'm generally going to cross them at 37HZ just so im not paranoid we were running them off a proline 2700 which had good results considering how cheap the amp is..
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 8:06pm
nice work - great build.

Don't want to be a fly in the ointment but might be worth asking some other Lab users what they HP at. I'd have thought 30Hz should be fine - the driver will already be at full excursion in the mid 30s and you might even benefit from increased cooling from extra cone movement... HP at 35 or 37 you will already be few dB under that at that point.... might as well run cab half the size.

As you only have 2 I could be wrong...

Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
geritass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geritass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 3:57am
Hi my friend, do you have labhorn plans? may you share ? what speaker inside?
thanks
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 1:06pm
http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/lsp_documentation_page_drawings_photos_specs_and_more/. Thecspeaker is a lab 12 by Eminence speakers.
geritass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geritass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 6:14pm
Wow so fast reply  sn95, thanks a lot!.

thanks, thanks, thanks....

Geritass. 

Clap
geritass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geritass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 6:24pm
Hi, sn95.

May I use the Eminence LAB12C ?

is it ok?

thanks,
geritass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geritass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 6:25pm
Hi, sn95.

May I use te LAB12C,   

thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>