Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LAKE LM-26 OMFG!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LAKE LM-26 OMFG!
    Posted: 30 January 2018 at 5:25am
This unit is incredible! Surgical, deep and intuitive (albeit complex AF). 

I am new to all aspects of pro sound system set up, and was using the DBX Driverack PA2 before this. A toy in comparison. It was a blunt tool but after hours of measuring and tweaking the PA2 I got the system to sound pretty great. Really great actually.

Version 1.0 of my rig is:

2 X1's with V-1000 18's;
Powered by a Marcrotech 5000i

2 modified JRX 100's (HF driver replaced with Beyma CD10Fe 1"), running 2-way active;
15's powered by a Crown XLi 3500
HF powered by a Crest  CPX900

Eventually will build the PM90's and then I know the LM-26 will really show its power. For now I am just learning and loving the process.

RE the LM-26 X-OVER....

Obviously this is far more advanced than the PA2. The PA2 was blunt and rough which I think hid my inexperience but this is ultra precise and I am left wondering if I am doing thing well (especially in regards to slopes). I am pretty confident in the xover points. 

Pretty certain I am rolling off the X1 to high, going to work on that when I get back to it this evening...

I have attached and image below of my current crossover design, if anyone has any feedback based on the speakers I am running it would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and the LM-26 has 2 modules. I am running both as 3-way. It seems in order to get the two modules with the same xover design you must copy/paste the xover settings. Just making sure there is no way to sync the two (groups only effect levels and EQ).

Thank you!

Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 8:34am
Yeah that is really to high for X1s, I run mine to 80hz but that's with HD15s for mid bass.  Just listen to how they sound and make your decision based on that.  
 Post Reply Post Reply