Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laney CA3000 power amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinMatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2014 at 2:27am
Tripath went bust in 2007, and were bought up by Cirrus Logic, I have no idea if Cirrus ever resurrected their modules.  As far as I know, they are somewher impossible or at least very difficult to get hold of anymore.

So buy it if you want it, but to the best of my knowledge, if it has a fault, its quite possibly a bin job.
Matrix Pro Audio ::http://matrixproaudio.com/"
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2014 at 8:25am
Cirrus Logic! The people involved in Fujitsu getting out of the domestic hard drive market.
Perfect mechanics their hard drives had.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11/05/fujitsu_admits_4_9_million/

Off subject a bit, sorry.
It just is.
SMP View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2014 at 2:34pm
I would listen to them first before decisions on buying. if they sound not too good it is too late to do anything.
I do not like class T or D whatsoever just passable on sub duties some of them most are just nasty.

Laney more famous for mediocre MI gear and some not very good Guitar amps & "PA Amplifiers" though IIRC the Valve stuff was ok for Guitars
exlinetec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exlinetec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 6:22pm
Just seen your post. They sound brilliant. Note the main issue with these amplifiers are when no speakers are attached and they are driven - it basically cooks the filtering networks and in turn they blows the outpuut devices along with the tri Path module.

No fans needed class D connvection. Very efficant.

I worked there for many years at Laney.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12