Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lighting Rental

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lighting Rental
    Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:06pm
A bar local to me wants to rent some lights  for their bar. Theyare only gonna be in there for 6 months and dont want to shell out on some new lights.

I was gonna put in  4 Clubscan / Clubrevolution + a couple of twister type lights. What should i be charging for them. Bearing in mind they will be used 3 nights a week. Ive done dry hires before but never install rental. Obvoiusly there will be a contract in place.

Chris
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:29pm
Are you expected to provide support and consumables for them too?  iirc they are all ELC (A1/259) type lamps so could get expensive in a relatively short space of time. Make sure its all covered in the contract so you don't get stung.

A lot of lighting type places will charge daily and weekly rates, with weekly rates typically being 2 or 3 times the day rate (depending on company and item being hired)

Take a look at what places like Kave, Halo, etc show on their website for rates.  Don't forget, those rates are for the walk off the street customer usually, most people doing it regularly or over long periods won't pay that.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Ben_Lawrance View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben_Lawrance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Take a look at what places like Kave, Halo, etc show on their website for rates. 

Give me a shout if you want stuff from KAVE. I'm on the inside.........

Edited by Ben_Lawrance - 21 April 2009 at 2:02pm
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Ben_Lawrance Ben_Lawrance wrote:

Give me a shout if you want stuff from KAVE. I'm on the inside.........

Is it damp inside the kave????TongueLOLTongue

I'll get me coat.
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 11:13pm
Not a lot would be what i'd say, but realistically as much as you can get away with

Forget what a hire company would charge (especially as they wouldn't be hiring out anything like that kit)

Honest opinion £25/week over 6 months for the kit you're offering
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 12:57am

Quote Not a lot would be what i'd say, but realistically as much as you can get away with

Forget what a hire company would charge (especially as they wouldn't be hiring out anything like that kit)

Honest opinion £25/week over 6 months for the kit you're offering

I think you're a bit off there...
Companies can and do hire that sort of kit.  You might be better off going down your local DJ shop and see what they hire out and what it goes for per night.  Most of the ones in Brighton that I know of (BAV, SussexDJhire, etc) put out gobo flowers for £15 to £20 a night for a walk in punter.  Scans about the same.  I expect they'll be expecting you to provide on call support as well (10pm Saturday night, when you're just going out - Phone call "It's all gone off, can you come down and sort it out")

For a contract term of say 6 months you'd obviously give discount but don't forget, if this is all your kit, you can't take other jobs in the meantime.  I think you gotta be looking at £200/month minimum, plus factor in support somewhere along the line.  I don't think I'd do it for less.  What about rigging hardware, installation time, etc?
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
 Post Reply Post Reply