Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ligwa speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheekybox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ligwa speakers
    Posted: 01 April 2020 at 7:31pm
For a long time now Ligwa speakers have been popping up in my facebook. 
I've never heard them or in fact seen them and never heard any comment on them.
The guy running the show seems like a nice guy from chat ive seen on the rig pages, and i assume he knows what he's doing. 
The stacks look great!
My only reason the wondering about Ligwa is the price. It all seems so cheap for what looks like lovely gear. Am i missing something?
Cheers all.

ps - i'm not looking to put ligwa down in anyway. no disrespect intended. 
djshaney View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djshaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 7:33pm
I was just wondering the exact same thing funnily enough. 

Double 18 reflex. 495 a piece.

I’ve been out of the game for a little while and for that price, it’s not even cost effective to build and load my own cabs! 
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 7:52pm
Nothing wrong with Alfs gear, all works as it should and sounds fine, like many he is having drivers built in china which keeps the prices down and nothing wrong with that, for the money they are hard to beet.

Cheekybox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheekybox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 8:02pm
When i think i paid 440 for 1 pd1852!
djshaney View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djshaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Nothing wrong with Alfs gear, all works as it should and sounds fine, like many he is having drivers built in china which keeps the prices down and nothing wrong with that, for the money they are hard to beet.

Don’t take my post as knocking them at all! 
I’m just very intrigued. I’d love to hear some in action! 
Cheekybox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheekybox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 8:18pm
Id also like to hear them. 
Anyone know anyone/anyplace using them?

concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 8:20pm
Give Alf a shout on FB, sure he can get you a demo when we are all clear to go out again.
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 8:23pm
I heard a set of his mid-tops as used by Reason Sound System when we played them.. they did sound very good in all the frequencies.. and loud.. very heavy boxes tho.. a lot going on inside.. ie 2 12" drivers, 2 comps and 4 bullets... 
Don't have a clue what they cost but sound wise very very impressed..
Reverence Sound system

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 8:44pm
Alf seems like a nice fellow, correct me if i'm wrong, i think some of his cheaper cabinets might be MDF to keep the costs down, but he does also do ply too.
Be seeing you.
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 9:44pm
I have three of Alf's single 18'' bin from the last design period. Recently bought. They sound sweet. A nice bouncy bass with a great depth for jungle and breaks. Basic but solid construction, birch ply throughout. A nod towards wadding, bracing etc.

Nice and light, good quality fittings and fixtures, sound great. I think Ligwa is selling good kit at great prices because someone has to be real in this market and not be peddling the moon on a stick.

Drivers in mine are a USA OE brand. 750/1500w. 4''coil, Kevlar cone etc. I think he has a deal with celstion (Chinese production no doubt) now though. Alf has been very willing to help me on facebook. I would give a thumbs up.

my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 9:50pm

Ligwa EarthShaker MID TOP 2 x 15” 600 Watts 3x 1.4 comps 4 bullets £650 each

just came up on my feed the other day.
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 9:59pm
Radion drivers. That's whats in mine. 2218 18'' drivers. They sound really nice. According to the replies I got the other day to a request for info on them they are a quality producer of classic design drivers. not cheap by any means.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>