Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LIGWA SPEAKERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

I have never heard a bad work about Alf. 

He has made his passion a business from what other sound system guys have said.  Fairly sure one of the members on here used to make the boxes for him and also that some drivers are far Eastern. Not that that should cloud anyone's mind. 

The Drivers in the speakers I bought are the ones I posted in the photo, they cost more than the speaker its self so a good deal Im getting I would say

I was more just curious if anyone had any ligwa speakers and there thoughts on them as im excited for mines to come and hear them with the Bass bins ive made, it should be a pretty meaty sound system 
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2020 at 10:44pm
You won’t go far wrong dealing with Alf, meet him twice and a true gent.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 11:26am
Everything i have ever got from Ligwa has and is spot on.
100% genuine guy, 
nice boxes, and GOOD cheap components. as someone said, not gonna be PD, Faital, etc, but will be worthy of going in a box...
jordanclarkdj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 9:03am
Originally posted by BigSoundNorthWest BigSoundNorthWest wrote:

100% genuine guy, 
nice boxes, and GOOD cheap components. as someone said, not gonna be PD, Faital, etc, but will be worthy of going in a box...

I dont think its cheap components to be honest, he told me the drivers are 350 dollars worth in each box 
TheAmazingGanjaMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAmazingGanjaMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 9:53am
its just a bit of clever marketing really, alf wont have paid those prices for those drivers, they are just the manufactures RRP prices, doesnt mean its a bad deal, but its not quite as amazing as it appears 
Burn Baby Burn Voice Coil Inferno
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 10:39am
[QUOTE=TheAmazingGanjaMan]its just a bit of clever marketing really, alf wont have paid those prices for those drivers, they are just the manufactures RRP prices, doesnt mean its a bad deal, but its not quite as amazing as it appears [/

Of course Alf didn't pay that price, he is a trader, the guy who bought them is not, so for him it is a good deal.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 10:53am
Years ago PD were  based in Cornwall  I used to go down to the factory to collect drivers. Their price structure was based on 3 levels.

1) Retail price, which almost nobody paid, unless you went to a small electronics shop.

2) Trade price. Large retailers would charge trade plus 10 or 15%

3). Distributor price. From memory this was about 60% OFF the retail.

I don't know Alf but from all the above comments I'm sure he's a decent guy. And I'm sure you're getting a great deal. Just bear in mind that everybody has to make a profit.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by markie markie wrote:

Years ago PD were  based in Cornwall  I used to go down to the factory to collect drivers. Their price structure was based on 3 levels.

1) Retail price, which almost nobody paid, unless you went to a small electronics shop.

2) Trade price. Large retailers would charge trade plus 10 or 15%

3). Distributor price. From memory this was about 60% OFF the retail.

I don't know Alf but from all the above comments I'm sure he's a decent guy. And I'm sure you're getting a great deal. Just bear in mind that everybody has to make a profit.

ClapClap
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by jordanclarkdj jordanclarkdj wrote:

Originally posted by BigSoundNorthWest BigSoundNorthWest wrote:

100% genuine guy, 

I dont think its cheap components to be honest, he told me the drivers are 350 dollars worth in each box 

Note i said GOOD cheap.
Meaning that they are cheap, yet GOOD components, not cheap crap. 
also, yeah, as above, them prices are full retail, a price which Alf wont be paying, as he will be bulk buying for distro, not as a customer.. 

@ jordanclarkedj:
ps: not getting at ya, js clarifying my answer mate. i own some ligwa bits, love every box of em

Edited by BigSoundNorthWest - 31 July 2020 at 12:04pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2020 at 4:01pm
so the mid tops arrived today, and they sound VERY good ! rapid delivery from Alf at Ligwa and even had a chat on the phone earlier regarding setting up my crossover to fine tune it to get the best sound for my genre of music (house&Techno)  

My next job now is to build another two bass bins as he said these mid tops need two bass bins to one mid top :) 
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2020 at 6:03pm
 Looking good! Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanclarkdj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2020 at 7:19pm
Where can I get grills for my bass bins ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>