Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Line-X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Line-X
    Posted: 17 December 2020 at 10:17pm
Although these holiday project plans have been scuppered by Pompey moving into Tier 3, I was wondering if anyone has had their scoops (or other bins) sprayed with Line-X?  I have a tub of Tuff Cab that I was going to use over the next two weeks but did like the look of their finish 

If anyone has had this done, can you let me know if:
a) is it as good as it looks on the website; and
b) the cost, if you don't mind sharing or messaging me and is it value for money?

Or, as I'm in Tier 3, make use of the time and get out the Tuff Cab you lazy twat...
No, I really don't know what I'm doing...
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 10:36pm
Ive had countless cabs sprayed in Line-x or other similar coatings.

There is NO comparison with paint, i have 10 year old cabs which have been out on 100’s of jobs with no repairs or re-spraying. No wood showing anywhere. No water damage despite extensive outdoor use.

Initial outlay is much higher than paint, but once it is done it is done. When they come back in covered in festival mud they get jet washed before going back on their pallet.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Rich99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 10:45pm
Brilliant, that's some great feedback! Thank you.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2020 at 9:12am
Yes, it’s as good as it looks! If not better.

I have flightcases and speakers coated in Line-X 

I have a EV X-Line system I bought used a few years ago that was covered in Line-X from new. There’s not a mark on it. Well over 10 years old.

I had a small floodlight system coated in line-x about 5 years ago the costs were roughly around £100 a box. I did prep them exactly as they requested. So all they had to do was spray.

Have you looked at the Raptor bed liner? Similar principle just doesn’t have to be applied at heat in a special manner quite the same as Line-X.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2020 at 9:13am
P.S Tuffcab is rubbish. 

It’s the least tough specific speaker paint I have ever used.

The finish does look really nice until you try and use the speakers.

www.stage2sound.com
Rich99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 4:42pm
Thanks Jace, given I'm in T4 with no prospect of moving out anytime soon, I'll try the Raptor with a compressor and spray gun!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 5:04pm
Obviously share your experience and pics when finished :)

www.stage2sound.com
Rich99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2020 at 5:13pm
The likely limitation is me and my spray painting abilities... or lack thereof!
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2020 at 6:29pm
Line X is brilliant, I think I was paying about £80 a cab. I'd be interested in your results too.
col_b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col_b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 1:46pm
Can anyone suggest places to get cabs sprayed for £80? We have been quoted circa £350 a cab!
AV, Sound and Lighting and Laser Hire, Sales and Service. www.klsuk.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 4:56pm
It’s all about quantity. How many are you looking to get done and where abouts in the country are you?

www.stage2sound.com
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 5:30pm
Line-X is also pretty expensive here in NL, so am opting for some different options.

I'm also curious about the Raptor lining. Current price comes pretty close to Warnex which I normally use. (And have acces to a large compressor btw).
Looking forward to some results Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>