Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

liquisplode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: liquisplode
    Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:11pm
hi all trying to reseal my pluto liquisplode,any ideas on what sealant to use?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 9:56pm
i assume this is similar to the Opti Splodescope? Funky Parrot on here has a few of those,im sure he could advise you.
Be seeing you.
mostyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mostyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 10:09pm
cheers jbl,i've spoken to john already,we agree this is a difficult one,unlike my old opti splode this doesnt use brass tubing but oilways cut into the perspex cells,i split the cells,cleaned it all out and reassembled with the original gaskets,sealed with silicon so i guess i can dissassemble it again,a partial success but still seepage from cell a to cell b hence mixing of colours,question is do i get new gaskets?use a different sealant or opt for a nut and bolt and new gasket method?spoke to phil at opti,he says the sealant was the last of their difficulties on splodes!
 Post Reply Post Reply