Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loading 1850 horns....?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loading 1850 horns....?
    Posted: 03 September 2010 at 10:52pm
I am trying to decide what to load my 1850 horns with....

Can i get your opinions on the best choice of drivers, bearing in mind i need them to react well to bass from drum and bass/ jungle music...

SO far advice from different sources has left me with this list. 

Would any of the following drivers pose problems when loaded in 1850 horns? 

And what ohm rating is best to go for, im very new to this but i think the way i would have them would be wired in parrallel with an amplifier can be stable at 2ohms..

Any advice and help very appreciated!

pd1850 800
pd 1851 1000
void v-18 1000
fane collosus 18- 1500   (is this suitable?)

I also have 4 front loaded upper bass boxes... they were loaded with a beyma driver, however i dont know what model... 

can anyone advise what drivers may be suitable for such boxes... they were a custon build from a reggae soundsystem so i dont know anything about the designs, i can post up some pics if it will help....

Thanks alot

PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 10:56pm
Contact Goliath on here, he currently runs eight loaded with PD.1851's and more loaded with PD.1850's..... He will be able to advise on these two drivers.

Hope this helps.
adsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 12:04am
Thanks mate! Will do.
Smile
adsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 11:22am
Am i correct in thinking the ebp of the fane driver is too low for this type of cab... therefore it isnt suitable...?
Ohmen Sounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohmen Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 12:36pm
if you looking for cost effectiveness i would say go for the void v-18 1000, a very good driver and considerably cheaper than any of the pd drivers. havent much experience with the pd 1851's but i can tell you if you are looking at getting a good sound for a decent price from that cab id say definately go with the void cause they have always put a smile on my face :) (saved me some pocket money aswell)
PENG PENG WOOSH WOOSH
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by adsk adsk wrote:

I also have 4 front loaded upper bass boxes... they were loaded with a beyma driver, however i dont know what model... 

can anyone advise what drivers may be suitable for such boxes... they were a custon build from a reggae soundsystem so i dont know anything about the designs, i can post up some pics if it will help....

pics and dimensions will be needed.
adsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2010 at 11:35pm
WILL PUT THE PICS AND MEASUREMENTS UP ASAP.
 THANKS FOR THE HELP!
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 5:36pm
We have 24 x 1850's loaded with Fane Colosus 18xb and 8 loaded with PD1850
Obviously there is a diffrence but running up 6 a side were happy with the 18xb!

If your local to Somerset i will be more than happy to let you know where some are, there out most weekends.

JTB
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply