Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockdown Audio - A 12v 3way Small Rig Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Jack1991 Jack1991 wrote:

I think they say some sealants like silicone, the fumes can eat away at the speaker or something like that.

Yep.... Standard “Acetoxy” silicone sealants release acetic acid (which smells a little like vinegar) as they cur, this can attack the materials used in the speaker, “Neutral cure” silicone products reduce or eliminate the production of acetic acid while curing and are safe to use in speaker building.

Edited by APW - 30 June 2020 at 12:41pm
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 12:53pm
Ah right cool interesting stuff APW. I did always wonder what the horrible vinegar smell was in silicone. That stuff i used luckily didnt smell of anything hopefully should be sound 
Jimjimjimmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimjimjimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 3:55pm
Thanks alot 🙂
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 7:08pm
usually silicones for mirrors are neutral cure FYI
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 6:14pm
I dont have the dsp yet but i just found out this morning i could downloaded the t.racks dsp software so have been looking at it most of today trying to learn it & it makes a bit more sense now after actually fiddling around with it.

Saturday i took sack truck sounds out properly for the first time. And at first i had the gains on the amplifier both set on max, but noticed some songs clipped so turnt it down to around halfway and that was alot better.
When i get the dsp though i asked before and i was told to set the amplifier gains to max. Then adjust the gains within the dsp.
What i want to know is how will i know where the 'sweet spot' is on the dsp software? As if im out with the system i wont have my laptop on me to keep adjusting the settings? Where as at the moment its just a knob i turn on the amp so its easy.
BP1Fanatic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BP1Fanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 7:09pm
NICE build thread!
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2020 at 2:46pm
Update:

Had a couple of months not doing anything speaker wise since marking out the 2 extra Tham 12s. But since i had a couple of weeks off work had the urge to begin again. So this morning cut the sections out and began dry screwing them together to check they all fit nicely before glueing.

Still have to mark and cut out the driver hole and bolts. But there getting there. 

Edited by Jack1991 - 24 August 2020 at 2:47pm
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2020 at 5:36pm
So just got round to finishing these well happy with it! 

Still have to buy the drivers and a DSP just had other things ive needed to spend money on lately. So will get them soon as i can though.

Also got the tree up today and keeping the speakers warm inside for now so had to decorate them too. 
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2020 at 10:17pm
Unfortunately they are an expensive ornament at the moment though these. Anyone in Bristol know anywhere I can take them to test them out properly? 
I have aready had a couple of complaints from a few neighbours when playing them up the garage (daytime too). I am not a dick and i do not play them ridiculously loud with unsocial music or that either. I just live on quite a too close for comfort street. So i need to play them away from home really to avoid becoming the street nause. As even daytime with a bit of dub on is too bassy for some.

Kind of want to just blast them out and also mess around with a few settings without being limited on watching my back and listening out for moaners.

Edited by Jack1991 - 28 November 2020 at 10:21pm
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2020 at 10:40pm

Unfortunately they are an expensive ornament at the moment though these. Anyone in Bristol know anywhere I can take them to test them out properly? 
I have aready had a couple of complaints from a few neighbours when playing them up the garage (daytime too). I am not a dick and i do not play them ridiculously loud with unsocial music or that either. I just live on quite a too close for comfort street. So i need to play them away from home really to avoid becoming the street nause. As even daytime with a bit of dub on is too bassy for some.

Kind of want to just blast them out and also mess around with a few settings without being limited on watching my back and listening out for moaners.

Just a thought - how about popping round to see the complaining neighbours and telling them what you want to do, take some mince pies, bottle of wine, box of choccies or whatever and see if it's possible to arrange a convenient time when you can make some noise for an hour so ??

They may not be the types that can agree something with you, but it's worth a shot I'm sure.

It's a difficult choice, would you rather have:

A: A vegan son.
B: An OnlyFans daughter
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2020 at 12:19am
See if you can hire a venue for an afternoon? should be cheap at the moment with nothing on.
CFLsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CFLsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 11:40am

Hey if youre still looking for somewhere in bristol to give them a test run I could probably sort you out on a farm round leigh woods way. Send me a PM.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>