Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Logic Express meets Cubase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Tafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Logic Express meets Cubase
    Posted: 16 January 2009 at 4:56pm
I currently running Logic Express on my new heavy weight Mac Powerbook pro.

However, when it comes to mixing, i noticed i cannot do much things on LE that i was able to do when had Cubase.

The Logic software came bundled with my Mac, hence why i got it. but am considering reverting back to cubaes.

Even though Logic Express has tons of built in plugins and instruments that would have to purchased seperately as a plugin for cubase.

Am wondering if anyone has mastered using Logic Express and can share with me some pointers especially when using it for mixing.

Maybe it has wayy to many virtual equipment to add to effects and processing that makes it a bit overwhelming. I still have issues when adding delay to tracks and it gets muted when i mute out the track also.

Maybe i should ask my 7 year old to help as he is a whiz on the mac already Wink
Disco Stu View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:41pm
I would see if you can get an upgrade to Logic Pro, I cant say I have used LE, but I wouldnt go for an LE version of anything unless I had to. 

Maybe the best option is to go back to Cubase until such time as you can afford the upgrade. Logic Pro comes with a huge list of plug-ins and pretty decent virtual instruments as well.

Stu
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
Humble Tafari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Tafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:46pm
Respeks bro,

yes i messed with LE and was able to sort out a few of the issues actually.

Also noticed that LE has tons of plugins also which was not aware of. Maybe a bit too much in my opinion.

Basically to do the same thing requires a different method of approach when compared to using Cubase, which i think was my main stumbling block.

I did not really want the LE, but since it came bundled with my Mac i decided to have a go with it.

Respeks
Rick C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 10:24pm
Hi i was using cubase i went from v5 vst to sx2 and sx3 I have just moved to logic on the Mac and find it so much easier! Once i have done my mix i stick it though t racks to get it sounding sweet!.
Loads of vids on youtube of logic tutiorials that's how i learnt!

Rick
MikeHunt79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeHunt79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 10:50pm
Logic kicks the proverbial, been using it since v5.5 

Edited by MikeHunt79 - 26 February 2009 at 10:50pm
I'm English, and as such I crave disappointment. I actively seek it out.
gwarntek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwarntek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 11:57pm
Mixing is definitley possible on logic, many love it, but it will also take me a little while to get my head around it...
Rick C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2009 at 5:50pm
If you are just looking for some software for mixing I would highly recommend Abelton live!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Tafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2009 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by gwarntek gwarntek wrote:

Mixing is definitley possible on logic, many love it, but it will also take me a little while to get my head around it...

yes, i have gotten more practice using Logic Express and have found it quite powerful once you know how to use it.

have been doing a few good mixes lately.

respeks
Masai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:02am
Greetings Humble,

I'm just about to make the plunge into getting Logic on a Mac Mini, or Mac Book (the previous one with firewire). I'm looking into the difference between the Express and Pro versions. I'm using Logic 4 (!) on a G3 beige Mac, so even if I plunge for the Express, it will almost be a completely new learning curve.

I think when you switch from one software to another to do the same job, you will have to make adjustments into how you had previously worked. You just have weigh up if it's worth all the effort or not.....

Not really a fan of 'mixing in the box' - especially for Reggae, but if you haven't got a good quality mixer, then it makes sense to mix in the box. To be honest, the pros out way the cons, but I love to be able to just mix on the fly.

Let us know how you get on.

Give Thanks
MASAi
Facebook: Masai Judah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Tafari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 7:21pm
Greets Masai,

give thanx for the upfull word sound.

Yes i am getting along thus far. So far so good!!!

Nothing beats a good live physical mixing board though.

But i am working on getting one in the near future.

respeks

Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 7:57pm
logic pro is the t*ts

Edited by Saul - 30 March 2009 at 7:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply