Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long term dry hire price

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2024 at 9:51am
Are you putting in amp and processing too? Will they be set up permanently or will people be setting up and packing down the system on gig days? These will affect how they survive.

Shadmank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadmank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2024 at 5:05pm
The venue manager have their own amps and dsp.

They will be installed so no load in/load out factor or yanked on speakons.

Its a small but not crowded bar, so drivers wont be playing at anything near their peak wattage. No bands only DJs. They will be playing through an attenuated signal chain. DJs will be policed by the friend hiring so whilst clipping is never out of the question i feel it is a lot more unlikely than a venue unknown where i would be approaching this very differently.

I agree that most users will look to a hirer to fix any issues, but again, this isnt the nature of the contract. If they break the kit, they can pay whatever invoice i send them. Drivers don't just break because they can, they break through misuse. I wouldn't trust an uneducated bar owner to understand that, but i trust my friend does.

We've agreed £50 per month for now and its a flat charge to them equalling recone costs for any damaged drivers if needs be. I realise this is going against a wealth of experience and grounded advice, but do do appreciate people sharing their wisdom all the same... If it all goes terribly wrong i will report back with egg on face! LOL
Let's all have a nice cup of tea
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2024 at 7:13pm
Well, I did say you could discount down from the full commercial rates if you had good reason so all the best to you and the venue 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12