Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

look at tops to build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 33 minutes ago at 12:08am
lol
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 35 minutes ago at 1:06am
If you like the idea of a conventional direct radiating "multifunctional" top with a passive x-over but are afraid of jobst-audio's waiting/delivery time, you might want to take a look here:

https://www.bs-tek.de/bausaetze/fullrangelautsprecher/bs-m-14/

support there is excellent.

HF horn is rotatable, so these array fairly well to 120° a side if needed.
MHayes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MHayes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 18 minutes ago at 1:23am
good to hear PM90 with nd950 are working out for you. what are you using below them?

Yes, as much as i would like to get to get the funktion1s or others in that price range, i just think that for the moment they are not for me. maybe in future. for now i'm mainly looking 4 good tops that can take upto 8 basses and maybe 4 more in a cpl of months.

already got 4 single 15's but i keep blowing the mids on them. 2 are just good enough for 2x 18s. but, not for 4 x 18's. 

but basic idea is to be able to do multiple events at the same time and if required use everything at once, and 12 basses at 1 event is the limit i see my self going to atleast for another year or 2. 

thanks,
matt

MHayes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MHayes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 45 minutes ago at 1:56am
thanks corell. i did look at them as well as PAF212 + many others.

only thing is that they are single 12's/14's

when i am using my 15" top (usually 2 bass with 2 tops per side) for most genres its fine and i absolutely love the way the whole system sounds. only when i play techno on them i have to considerably down the highs and lows to get decent mids. it's only when im playing techno i have managed to get the mids blown.

when i'm using 8 basses, i usually rent 2 dual srx tops and use 2 15s as center fills and 2 as side fills.

that is the only reason i think BS tek's wont be enough.

Thanks,
Matt
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 53 minutes ago at 10:48am
my heart will always be with building rather than buying.. but they're right about second hand kit these days. one thing to bear in mind is that home built speakers have no real resale value. you'd spend a lot building these but you won't be able to sell them for anything close to what you spend on building them. . but any of the EAW / fk1 type tops mentioned, they might depreciate a bit but you'll almost certainly be able to sell them on for pretty close to what you bought them for in a few years.
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 minutes ago at 11:29am
Originally posted by IvCu IvCu wrote:

I'm running pm90 for few months now. 
Since first play and today there is night and day difference, they are just getting better and better. But as said above, measuring and experimenting is a must. I also have RCF ND950 in it Smile

what waveguide and DSP are you using?
purple monkey dishwasher
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic