Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luv Injection + Nasty Rockers - 25/09/09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by shadow1 shadow1 wrote:

Smaddy tell me, who win de dance ?

Looks like nobody won.

Isn't like that when Touch Above or Fatman/Ren play...  LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
greenmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 4:08pm
yo love injection won the dance but both sounds were a let down .two of the sounds play funny to me anyway injection sounded like they was on the limit and didnt have a soundman bass more a disco bass.nasty rockers(aka nasty love )couldnt control what they had .ive been to every dance in brixton town hall since it started back and the pace setters are rens sound ,tippas,touch above,i think everyone else need to be of these guys standerd i didnt put i spy cause they rented sometings .
some will love some will not round deep solid bassline clean clear mid tops.pre amp oh yes.
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by greenmachine greenmachine wrote:

yo love injection won the dance but both sounds were a let down .two of the sounds play funny to me anyway injection sounded like they was on the limit and didnt have a soundman bass more a disco bass.

Maybe dem have disco amp on bass, and not soundman amp. LOL

"chyll wynstan.."
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by PauliePaul PauliePaul wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

What was their old set? E.g cabs, drivers, amps...

I believe (don't quote me!) their old set comprised of 1850 (possibly originally Fane 400's) loaded scoops from (Larry??) in Southend and mid/hi boxes from the same builder containing 2 x 12", a horn and 4(?) HF units..... the funny thing is the mid/hi boxes were roughly based some older SSE HB3 units designed in the early eighties..... Amplifiers during the 90's were Yamaha, then they went over to Crest.
I was involved with some people who purchased 12 identical scoops and four mid/hi boxes just before Injection after sending one of their SSE boxes to Larry for him to look at copying...... the only difference was Injection's scoops were fully faced and their mid/hi boxes were always played on the side...... Hmmmm.....!!!
The guys i was working with loaded their scoops with Fane 400B's and mid/hi's with two Celestion 12's, one Vitavox S3 compression and four Fane HF250's per box. These boxes were used heavily during the 90's on dances in and around Birmingham and toured with Freddie McGregor, John Holt, Buju and Beanie etc etc etc.....

zukie used to work for SSE

Edited by TRE4U2NV - 29 September 2009 at 9:57pm
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
shadow1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 11:22pm
I remember the days of Masterblaster & Meshak Warrior Wink
Smile, the worst is yet to come.
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 12:15am
me toWink

and the tombola
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:22pm

lat few trimes i have heard injection the  mid tops are always very nice if not a little loud but the bass always just pops and bangs with no real weight!!!

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

What was their old set? E.g cabs, drivers, amps...

I believe (don't quote me!) their old set comprised of 1850 (possibly originally Fane 400's) loaded scoops from (Larry??) in Southend and mid/hi boxes from the same builder containing 2 x 12", a horn and 4(?) HF units..... the funny thing is the mid/hi boxes were roughly based some older SSE HB3 units designed in the early eighties..... Amplifiers during the 90's were Yamaha, then they went over to Crest.
I was involved with some people who purchased 12 identical scoops and four mid/hi boxes just before Injection after sending one of their SSE boxes to Larry for him to look at copying...... the only difference was Injection's scoops were fully faced and their mid/hi boxes were always played on the side...... Hmmmm.....!!!
The guys i was working with loaded their scoops with Fane 400B's and mid/hi's with two Celestion 12's, one Vitavox S3 compression and four Fane HF250's per box. These boxes were used heavily during the 90's on dances in and around Birmingham and toured with Freddie McGregor, John Holt, Buju and Beanie etc etc etc.....

zukie used to work for SSE

did he?? ok!?!
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

lat few trimes i have heard injection the  mid tops are always very nice if not a little loud but the bass always just pops and bangs with no real weight!!!

yes i think there mids are sweet !
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

but the bass always just pops and bangs with no real weight!!!

Which drivers/scoops do they have now?

Do you think it's the scoops or the sub amps, that aren't performing?
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 2:34pm
Ok.... everything else to the side... i've been thinking about this for a few days now.... don't want to sound dunce either but..... I was told that the town hall capacity is around 1500, meaning it's not that big... so...

Assuming Injection are still using 1850 loaded scoops and the fact that they had twenty boxes in attendance i would have thought that a minor tremor of around 4 on the Richtor scale would have been reported on Saturday night in the national news....

And then....

The other guys were using 16 1850's AND 9 2150'S...... err.... if the drivers were being powered realitively sensibly they would have needed at least 33kW of amps on low end.... possibly 40kW to give a bit of headroom.....

Not even mentioned the mid/hi arrangements.......!!

Am i missing something? Is the plaster still on the wall in the venue?? I would have have expected to see a fleet of 8 wheel tippers and some 360 degree excavators clearing away the rubble on the Sunday morning with that set up...... Confused

Edited by PauliePaul - 30 September 2009 at 3:05pm
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 3:06pm

Assuming Injection are still using 1850 loaded scoops and the fact that they had twenty boxes in attendance.

Shocked

Which amps did they have on sub?

I have heard 8x ASS S11850s, driven by 2x crown VZ 5000Z, and there is nothing lacking inside or out when that is engineered/powered properly. Wacko

Edited by levyte357 - 30 September 2009 at 3:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>