Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mac or PC user?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Poll Question: Just wondering the ratio of users here, which do you use the most?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [47.62%]
22 [52.38%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:14pm
Mac, of course

Having been a windows user for years i got pissed off with the constant bugs and registry issues etc

@ Bassmish - sort your life out, who gives a **** if you like macs or not

If you had a brain you'd know you can get cubase for mac, but you wouldn't want to because logic is cheaper and 1000x better
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:16pm
I'm use both but mainly Mac and have been with Macs since before they got cool. I don't understand this whole debate of PC vs Mac when people compare specs. What it doesn't take into account is build quality or comparing like for like. Macs are priced fairly when you take into account build quality/design/support. Their prices are similar to Sony and all the other premium brands.

My Powerbook is around 7 years old, I used it with kids, it's been dropped, had stuff split on it but it's all still working fine to this day, despite all it's scratches and dents, it's still got it's original ram, hard drive, disc drive, wifi and bluetooth, no dead pixels on screen and a backlit keyboard is a godsend when it's dark. I still use Final Cut Pro on it and it's currently running the latest OS beautifully.

Try running Vista on a 3 year old PC let alone a 7 year old with all the fancy stuff turnt on.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:36pm

re: build quality. Macintosh components are produced by ACER.... which also sells higher price ranged pc components.

Of course you cant compare a budget pc to a mac, frankly Dell, pc world and anything on that kind of price bracket should be burnt. Its shockingly bad!!

A proper desktop pc with decent hardware and XPpro (not vista) will be as fast and faultless as a Mac.

In other words, mac are marketed as a media performance type machine, so to compare to a pc you need to look at performance computers.

a £300 desktop pc marketed for my mother who can only use word and hotmail will obviously not compete.

even more sensible, is who cares, each to their own. We all know from this site that DIY things can compete with the big brands, same with computers, after marketing hype, its relatively simple.
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by jonminns jonminns wrote:

Mac, of course

Having been a windows user for years i got pissed off with the constant bugs and registry issues etc

@ Bassmish - sort your life out, who gives a **** if you like macs or notIf you had a brain you'd know you can get cubase for mac, but you wouldn't want to because logic is cheaper and 1000x better

whoaaah there mac!!!!

this is getting nasty, yes you can get cubase. and anyway who gives a f**k if you like macs better! right back at you.

arguing about it is just fun.

but come on you've got to admit, macs aren't very good... really.
MikeHunt79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeHunt79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:45pm
oh god, don't make be break out the popcorn again! Tongue
I'm English, and as such I crave disappointment. I actively seek it out.
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by bassmish bassmish wrote:

Originally posted by jonminns jonminns wrote:

Mac, of course

@ Bassmish - sort your life out, who gives a **** if you like macs or notIf you had a brain you'd know you can get cubase for mac, but you wouldn't want to because logic is cheaper and 1000x better

whoaaah there mac!!!!

this is getting nasty, yes you can get cubase. and anyway who gives a f**k if you like macs better! right back at you.

arguing about it is just fun.

but come on you've got to admit, macs aren't very good... really.

more, more, pure gold LOL
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:18pm
Is it time to post Rog's Pink Handbag?
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:20pm
nah I changed my mind, I love macs now,

they're great
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:22pm
LOL
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:26pm

THWAP!!!!
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:35pm
that would look nice next to a mac saul.
I can just imagine it now, mac under one arm, that bag over the other,

you'd be the talk of the town
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:52pm
hahahahahahahahahahaha LOL, nice ham, nice. I give up, i just lobbed my mac out the window. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>