Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mac or PC user?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Poll Question: Just wondering the ratio of users here, which do you use the most?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [47.62%]
22 [52.38%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeHunt79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

you'd hate my "daily driver" then heh. it sounds like a hair dryer.
I guess if I didn't use my computer to makes tunes then I could put up with a hairdryer... Wink Tongue

I've even mounted my HD with elastic, it sounds a little nerdy but it makes it quieter... Embarrassed

Edited by MikeHunt79 - 22 May 2009 at 2:00pm
I'm English, and as such I crave disappointment. I actively seek it out.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 2:16pm
heh. i've got 6 hds in this one... mounted with all manner of bracket things.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by MikeHunt79 MikeHunt79 wrote:

I've even mounted my HD with elastic, it sounds a little nerdy but it makes it quieter... Embarrassed

My apologies for turning this into a PC Hardware thread. Shocked

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by iand4403 iand4403 wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

My PC Hasn't crashed in 2x years, I have never caught a Virus/Worm, and there is software out there for everything I need to do.  My local computer fair is 15mins away, and with hardware/software prices shockingly low, I have to keep away from there now, except to buy Kaspersky INS  3 user every year for £20. Embarrassed
+1
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

EDIT:Keep meaning to upgrade my cpu to Core2Duo for about £50, but flipping Sky keep putting on episodes of SG on Saturdays, which means I can't go out till the evening. LOL

4300+ core2duos are only ~£30 second hand and alot will do 3ghz+ on stock voltage an cooling.
A mac can't touch that for value

Actually seeing as it's all mostly the same components bar the mobo, <barrack>YES WE CAN</barrack> Tongue
iand4403 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iand4403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:28pm
Cool, I didn't know you could even get individual bits like that nevermind an overclocking motherboard lol

Still.. MacOS Dead
Quantum Sounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quantum Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 8:26pm
once you go mac you never go back,

f**k i hate my self, i need and  self loathing mac user annonamus, for years i hated mac users for the sumg attitude, then my super geek flatmate got a macbook, there just sooo well made, all other laptops under £1500's build quality pails in comparison, so i got one nowand i'm one of those smug c**t's,

for a desk top i would go for linix, mac's are too expenisve and unupgreadable for that,
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Quantum Sounds Quantum Sounds wrote:

once you go mac you never go back,

f**k i hate my self, i need and  self loathing mac user annonamus, for years i hated mac users for the sumg attitude, then my super geek flatmate got a macbook, there just sooo well made, all other laptops under £1500's build quality pails in comparison, so i got one nowand i'm one of those smug c**t's,

for a desk top i would go for linix, mac's are too expenisve and unupgreadable for that,

Clap

i disagree about desktops tho. for under a grand you can get an imac specced up, and they'll fly. 
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Quantum Sounds Quantum Sounds wrote:

Tried that - thought gentoo would be a good idea. Spent bloody weeks getting the thing to work .. never again!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quantum Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 3:34pm
depends what you want, after a year or to it will be old and underspect for the time's, that is is you want top gaming spec, or just have a complex, other wise you can build a pc for 500 and spend 100 a year and keep it at a very resonable  spec for 5 years for the same price, were the mac will e flaging by then,

depends what you want, i like building pc's all a bit of fun, means i can acoid large pay outs and just add what i need, well untill i need a new mother bord/ prosseser, but thats 250 tops for what i want

atm i got the parts for a rack mount pc, goint to get a touch screen on to and see if with the right sort of programs i can make a desk Big smile, not for live work but to run in paralelel to record, and i can see how it far, think i can probe get the latency down to a few ms

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quantum Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 3:45pm
as for linix i am lucky enough to live with a obsessive geek (lucky might not be the best word) so i can get him to set it all up for me, it dose take some getting used to, and to be honest me aand my other flatmate di get really pissed off by in when it wenrt set up right and made all the fonts windigs and the largest size and it broke, lol we are quite mature yuo know, but it is a much better os than windows if yuo have the time for it, and you don't have to buy a over price bit of hardware to use it
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 3:48pm
Anyone here ever used a mini / micro build of XP?

I mean the tiny little versions floating about on the internet that have had all the cr*p stripped from them so they run proper snappy..Thumbs Up
Gregcrammond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregcrammond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 2:42pm
Mac better for video djing 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567