Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mach Ballister

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mach Ballister
    Posted: 10 January 2019 at 9:42pm
God evening people.

I have been researching what bass bins and kick bins to build for a new project, and was almost hooked on some cabs.

But tonight i have been offered 4 used and unloaded, original Mach Ballister enclosures.
And we are talking dirt cheap!!!
So that might be the way to go. But what to put in them?!

I know they came with PHL 7090 drivers. But they are all gone, and impossible to get hands on!

Any suggestions?
I got the PHL T/S sheet, so no problem comparing.
Just want some ideas where to look :)

PD1850 would be a first guess. But there must be some more modern drivers that would fit the bill also :)
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 10:20pm
Plan is here http://hornplans.free.fr/ballister.html

Run some sims?
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 10:54pm
I am just getting started using hornresp, so i am not equipt to do that just yet. Learning every hour 😁

But if anybody had a good suggestion on some drivers that would match, that would narrow it down 🙂

It cant be that special that PHL driver 🙂
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 10:57am
Above link to the plan lists the RCF LF18G401.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 12:22pm
Yeah i know 🙂 but I am thinking some Neo drivers instead. There must be some moderne drivers that will rock this box 🙂
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:50pm
Try RCF LF18N401? Comes up a lot 2nd hand as PD1850 costs $$$ in Europe. Was a very popular driver in France and probably other places too. Davey T used in in the USB2 which is a similarish box...

You might find that the bolt pattern is different for the RCF though.

Maybe B&C would fit better.
Don't test the champignon sound
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:20am
In my optics,  PD1850 just isnt the King any more. So many Nice drivers out there today.

But the question is, are these enclosures really that good?
Sim doesnt look much different from other smaller BPH enclosures like ES18-BPH and USB. Ballister is rather large compared to them. 
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 12:56am
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 11:09am
Thats one sweet site there Snowflake 🙂

But Ciare is not an option for me. Gotta look for some other possible drivers. 
But I can see that the plans for Ballister are not 100% the same. Outer dimensions are of. So i think im gonna jump on and borrow one enclosure and measure it all over. Just to be sure.. If the internals on the plan are of, i guess i cant trust the Sims made from the plan?

Post Reply Post Reply