Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'MAD' Scanners?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'MAD' Scanners?
    Posted: 27 April 2010 at 7:55pm
Im talking about the formed plastic moving head and barrel scanners from about 10yrs ago.

HID and halogen models..

any opinions from users?  i have seen them a few times (but it was ages ago) and want to purchase some on the preowned market.  maybe 4 units for a mobile disco rig?  2 scanners and 2 barrels?

anyone shed some experience of them?  
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
dmx256 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmx256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 8:24pm
MAD, no longer in business, made some nice lights. I do believe they were brought out by abstract, and if I were you, I'd buy some abstract vrx scans, with rotating gobo's, great for mobile disco!!
freeytrap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freeytrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 8:51am
i have 6 150w discharge versions 2 with rotating gobos
i would stay away from the rotating gobo ones thay dont traval as well (thay tend to loose there gobos)
apart from that there bright and do the job

i would love a manual for them if any one has a pdf
Stray-Sounds View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:20am
weve got 4 of em, mirror not barrel. they seem pretty nice and keep going. much better than 812

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 11:54am
cheers guys:)
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
dmx256 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmx256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:22pm
stray-sounds and freeytrap, are you talking about mad scans or vrx scans?
Stray-Sounds View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 11:49am
im talkin about mad scans

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

dmx256 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmx256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 7:12pm
ah....thought you were on about the vrx models - never had a gobo fall out of one of mine!
freeytrap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freeytrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:03am
i aquierd a big pile of not working ones and the non scaning ones so thay wernt the best to start of with but thay work ok 
i would love some more though
dmx256 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmx256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 3:06pm
quite few and far between an fleabay!
intensesound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intensesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 7:02pm
you don't want Q-scan r the 511 you want the ITM the 250 discharge watt version with roating gobo and the best gobo size ever
Wikl109 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 12:15am
The 'MAD' brand name and the copyright to the designs were bought by Abstract AVR. Abstract then released their own Mad lighting range and the plastic cased ones stopped being produced. The original set of guys who were MAD then formed EVL who now import various light and sound gear.
We have some ITM 250 colour changers. Very bright and very solid.
I have the PDF manual for the ITM series, if anyone needs it send me a PM. I got this directly off one of the guys from EVL.
Cheers, Chris.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>