Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio H3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin Audio H3
    Posted: 30 December 2019 at 1:07pm
Hi guys, I would like to create 4 speakers for outdoor use. My choice fell between the RCF 4PRO 6001-A and Martin Audio H3 + (H3 +, H3T +, H3H +). I searched the web a lot, I didn't find any plan for these speakers, I saw that there is a copy made by Tpa Pro Audio (TX-3). Which one do you prefer among those mentioned above? Could I do an H3H + and if necessary use it in array mode? Do you have any plans?Thumbs Up
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 1:28pm
You will not get any plans for Martin Audio H3 either on here or any other site as it is subject to Martins own copyright and integrity. The copies that you mention are illegal Chinese copies that are poorly made and contain crap cheap Chinese drivers so no point in buying them even if you could.
You are based in Italy so the obvious choice for you would be products from RCF or other Italian manufacturers.
lorenzo31071997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 8:33pm
So why are there many other Martin Audio projects, such as the WSX? What do you recommend between Martin Audio H3 + and RCF 4PRO 6001-A?Wacko

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 9:48pm
It's much easier to measure and copy a speaker just made from sheets of wood than one with high frequency horns which are moulded or fibreglass or whatever.

Doesn't make it right though...

Edited by cravings - 30 December 2019 at 9:49pm
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by lorenzo31071997 lorenzo31071997 wrote:

So why are there many other Martin Audio projects, such as the WSX? What do you recommend between Martin Audio H3 + and RCF 4PRO 6001-A?Wacko

Buy the TPA boxes mate. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 11:42am
I could find the fiber trumpets, the problem is finding the H3 designs, everything is silent on the web. Would you be interested in contacting TPA to buy the project drawings?
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 12:08pm
you wont find the H3 plans, its a commercial product. Should someone make a plan, the MA legal team will be chasing them. Should you build some, the MA legal team will be chasing you.

Its just not worth it.

Anyway, the H3 really isn't that special a box. Its some reflex mids, with a mid-hi horn fiberglass horn (aka: trumpet). There are loads of 8+1" horns available on the market already, and it will take 10minutes to design a reflex box to go with it. No dark magic going on, its just some relatively efficient drivers in a tuned box - even the processing is nothing you wouldn't work out with your ears.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 3:06pm
So do you recommend the RCF 4PRO 6001 without any doubt?LOL
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 3:13pm
If going for such a cab, why not built something like the PM90/60 (Peter Morris DIY).
From 100Hz and up it probably performs better (with correct components and processing) then both the RCF and Martin audio. 

It's also much lighter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 5:30pm
I had never heard of Peter Morris, I did a search on the web and I did not find a personal site where to find the design plans. I searched the forum and found several products, but not something done and finished. How difficult do you think the production of these boxes would be? We read that the configuration is very difficult to make them sound good, even if the yield is statospheric (how is it possible with only 2x12 "to make 100-20K Hz?). There are many plans of RCF 4PRO, specific components to use and the configurations are ready
partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 7:24pm
I have 4 x TPA TX-3s (their H3 copy). For the price I paid for them, they're good value - I've had 5 years of trouble free usage out of them and they sound fine too.

I found their customer service to be pretty average, though when I paid the same price as a single Mackie SRM450 for each (shipping included), I can live with that.

My $0.02, cheers.
Turn it up! Turn what up?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorenzo31071997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2020 at 8:08pm
Can you say how much you paid the single? Would you like to take them apart and create your design plans? We could help you out
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>