Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio ict 300.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin Audio ict 300.
    Posted: 10 December 2017 at 5:30pm
I have just won a pair of the above.

One working fine but the other is kaput. Both drivers blown.

I only need one, but obviously nice to have a pair. Does anyone know what the oem driver is?? What are the chances of being able to rebuild it??
In bass no one can hear you scream!
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 5:52pm
Chances of finding drivers are low to non-existent.

However I can tell you if you replace the drivers with something else, they make nice bass guitar 2x10" cabs!!!  Got a pair loaded with Celestion bass guitar drivers, easy to carry, stack nicely and a bass head fits neatly on top!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 7:40pm
Which may be nice if I were a musician..lol
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 7:43pm
I didn't say I was

Been sat in a cupboard for two years!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 7:46pm
Well if I can’t find anything suitable I will have to bribe my mate to let me have 2 x 2 inch hf boxes back and stick a pair of mid range 10’s in it/ them.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 9:57pm
There are no new drivers for these boxes and the drivers were made for Martin Audio, it's was never a good box to be truthful and the hf section of the drivers died as soon as they were shown any type of stress. I had a pair and did toy with putting some coax drivers in them but in the finish it just wasn't worth it.
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 8:36am
Oh.... Well lucky I didn’t pay a lot for them in that case.
SantuarySoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SantuarySoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 12:16pm
I could suggest the unthinkable and put a 10 to 8 inch converter ring in then load with full range Audio Nirvana drivers, would make great DJ monitors.
Jesus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SantuarySoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 12:39pm
Turns out Audio Nirvana do a 10 inch model.
8 Inch units are amazing, 10 inch will be a bit punchier, meant to be in a reasonably high volume cab otherwise quite bright.

Jesus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SantuarySoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 12:41pm
$298/pr plus shipping from USA
Jesus
WessexAudioMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WessexAudioMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 1:37pm
Eminence Beta 10CX is worth looking at, good prices from blue arran at the mo :) 

studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by SantuarySoundsystem SantuarySoundsystem wrote:

Turns out Audio Nirvana do a 10 inch model.
8 Inch units are amazing, 10 inch will be a bit punchier, meant to be in a reasonably high volume cab otherwise quite bright.

They're only rated at 30 watts! I don't care how efficient they are, with a rating like that they are never going to be loud enough for any kind of PA work, especially a DJ monitor. I would expect to see them go up in smoke within 5 minutes. Unless you're talking about one of those wine bars where the main system is valve-powered Klipschorns and they only play jazz 78's Wink
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>