Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio W8C settings.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2016 at 9:53pm
Cheese boards are what you use to get the W8 to couple properly. They slot between cabs giving the correct splaying angle.
W8s were ok, A bit lacking in power compared to other boxes of its size, and could quite quickly start flapping like a free party rig. But I always liked them! And they are the exact same dimensions as the W8t so made quite a nice compact truck pack.
WS218X is a stomping bin! Absolutely bloody brilliant in my eyes. Needs a serious amount of juice! FFA10k or PLM20000 works well

I don't now how cheap the ws218x come up second hand as there still a very sought after box as its the go to choice for W8LM and W8L.

The W8C always seems to lack a bit of low mid compared to the W8t to my ears. But rarely see the T boxes up for sale these days. I think Joe still has some.

Look at WSX. There pretty bloody evil! A nice block of 6 or 8 and your moving some serious air.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2016 at 9:54pm
only if you are using one bin a side otherwise stick to the wsx, its such a great box
purple monkey dishwasher
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2016 at 9:59pm
+1 on the w8c low mid comment. Every time i've heard them it doesn't quite seem 'full' enough, especially coupled with wsx - lots of boom and highs. Good boxes though.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2016 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by wires wires wrote:

+1 on the w8c low mid comment. Every time i've heard them it doesn't quite seem 'full' enough, especially coupled with wsx - lots of boom and highs. Good boxes though.

There is a box floating around called W8CS which remidies this. I only know 2 people that have them though. Means running the system 5 way. Gets the stack the right hight though with the WS218X on its end.

www.stage2sound.com
Grubbah View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 12:17pm
Ws218x are fantastic. But yeah you can't be light on the power. We put the full force of a K10 on our pair

If you find any for £2000 that would be a bargain! I think we paid £2300 for our pair a couple of years ago.
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

There is a box floating around called W8CS which remidies this. I only know 2 people that have them though. Means running the system 5 way. Gets the stack the right hight though with the WS218X on its end.

was on the look out for those for ages when I had the W8c's, would really make a seriously needed boost where the w8 meets the WSX. Also would have given the W8c's the extra height they need to keep the 12' out of peoples ears
There were 4 in france that went for 2k months back but they are rare as hens teeth.

Jesus id love to hear the full w8c, w8cs and wsx rig, must have serious slam
purple monkey dishwasher
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2016 at 7:49pm
stupidly I turned down 4 w8cs and knocker bought them.

massive fail on my part

currently running my w8t with the w8s and a mono block of WSX.. sounds tasty

if you need the spreadsheet Ryan I have it here too

error 404
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2016 at 7:54pm
also ran some of my w8c with the w8cs and WSX on NYE

i can confirm it sounds nice :)

Edited by brokenjoe - 23 January 2016 at 8:09pm
error 404
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 12:49pm
Used them for the first time this weekend. They sound just as i had hoped they would, excellent! So pleased with the purchase. Annoyingly they are missing there martin badges though, anyone know where i can get a pair?
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 2:01pm

Ive been offerd some w8cs boxes, are they any good on the low end? Ive seen people running wsx underneath which makes my think they're more an upper bass cab. Ive got some wt3's which i use with the double 15" reflex jobbies, considering either s218's or maybe those w8cs boxes as i can seem to source more 215's.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by boots-hifi boots-hifi wrote:

Ive been offerd some w8cs boxes, are they any good on the low end? Ive seen people running wsx underneath which makes my think they're more an upper bass cab. Ive got some wt3's which i use with the double 15" reflex jobbies, considering either s218's or maybe those w8cs boxes as i can seem to source more 215's.

If they are the right price then buy them! Even if you don't want them you will make money on them.

www.stage2sound.com
boots-hifi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boots-hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 6:50pm

Ive got 8 of these boxes now if anyones interested pm me or you can give me a call on 07734 829144
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>