Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Centrepiece - answered - ignore it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin Centrepiece - answered - ignore it
    Posted: 22 May 2009 at 10:31pm
ive got a 1200w martin centrepiece, and i need to get full dmx control of it.

ideally i could use the manual, but i cannot find it through the usual online search engines.

anyone know;

1) if it uses the old martin protocol (requiring a martin adaptor) or just requires an Xover cable?
2) if i can dmx straight into the unit, or does it need to go through the 19" rack controller which comes with it?
3) any of the channels and values (possibly listed on a fixture library of a program or database a user here may have?)

much thanks in advance.

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 23 May 2009 at 12:36am
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
illuminate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illuminate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:04am
If I remember rightly, these are Martin Protocol. To run as DMX you would need a DMX to Martin protocol converter. I don't think they have many functions so should be simple enough to "flash through" and find out what channel does what.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:14am
from watching the standalone shows, i think theres 4channels of mirror tilt, a colour wheel, and a shutter wheel, so should be pretty simple.

i have a feeling it will be a protocol adaptor too, but wanted to make sure before purchasing one (damn rare too!).

thanks
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:34am
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:35am
ahhhh, i was looking under products, didnt think to look at after sales Clown

big thanks norty Thumbs UpClap

end of query

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 23 May 2009 at 12:36am

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:49am
Yep, took me a few years to get the hang of their website - then they went and changed it again!  Good to know all the old stuff is still there for refernce tho :)
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
 Post Reply Post Reply