Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mc2e45 vs. MA12000i

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mc2e45 vs. MA12000i
    Posted: 07 September 2019 at 1:34pm
Hello,

has someone compared these two amps?

i own an e45 but thinking about getting a 12000i instead.

- how is the 12000i performing on subwoofer dutys ?
- how reliable is the crown amp?

i like the e45, sounds good even when driven hard and seems to be reliable.

the MA would offer more power...

thanks for your help,

george
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2019 at 6:27pm
12000i will be more difficult to get repaired should anything go wrong BUT it is built much better than E45
12000i will eat E45 for breakfast output wise

I wouldn't put the E45 in the same league as the 12000i
siox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2019 at 10:01am
thanks for your opinion.

the two amps are both in a price class where i wonder what makes you say that the crown amp is built so much better.

i used to repair a lot of 90ties touring amps so i know a little bit about how to identify quality when i open audio electronics - the inside of the mc2 amps looked pretty okay when i had them open for cleaning. quality components and not that hard to get out the boards if needed.

i googled images of the MA insides, tightly packed (of course) - harder to get out the pcb's - I'm curios what else makes the difference.

best,

george  

Edited by siox - 08 September 2019 at 10:10am
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 10:44am
PM me if you're interested in an MA12000i.
I find it to be an excellent amp, but I've moved to Powersoft's DSP amplifiers which means the Crown amp doesn't get used any more.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2019 at 3:02pm
The "new" MA12000i is much much better amplifier than any of MC2.
Its construction is lot more industrial design, also in sound quality outperform most of the other switching amplifiers , included all the Powersofts...
Unfortunately the overall operational experience does not reflect its theoretical advantages, still looks not so reliable and if fails very difficult to repair...
Anyways glory days of CROWN are over, when Samsung bought them and closed US Elkhart factory (firing all the engineers, developers..) moving production to China.  :-(

Crownaudio is finished :-(
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 2:21pm
I@ve just fixed a chinese Crown where they didn't even bother to take the original manufacturer's sticker off the lid.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2019 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

I@ve just fixed a chinese Crown where they didn't even bother to take the original manufacturer's sticker off the lid.

So the Crown MA12000i, is just a rebranded chinese amp?

Edited by levyte357- - 02 October 2019 at 2:48pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply