Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MicroScoop?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MicroScoop?
    Posted: 03 October 2006 at 2:02pm
I've got the plans for these cabs - an alternative to a great big 15" scoop and i need to know what driver would perform well in it. I cant spend that much - around £100 per driver, give or take a few quid.

Any suggestions?

Emmy KappaLF?

Thanks, Joe.
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 3:23pm
If I was you, I'd save up for the PD156. As Champion says they sound wicked in the Micro Scoopers he made.

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/menu/index.php?id=PDIPD156-8   The PD156 are £122 inc vat each from there.

CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 10:29am
Or if you want a smoother richer bass on the bottom end go for the PD1550, abit more but worth it  !

You Srated making them yet ??? Let me know how you get on or if your stuck, gimme a shout. Why not take some pic put them up on "New Projects"

Good Luck !!!

Edited by CHAMPION - 06 October 2006 at 10:51am
Sticks n Stones
SmokeyJoe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 9:38am
I know this is an old thread but i would just like to clear a few things up.

I understand that normal wardrobe size Scoops are suited to Reggae/Dancehall/DnB so how do the Microscoops sound with Commercial pop sh*te/UK Garage/RnB/House? As this is what i mainly play but i do like a nice deep and punchy bottom end on my sound.

I will load the Microscoops with the PD156's as they seem to have a nice Performance/Cost ratio. What are your thoughts/opinions on using them with these mid/top cabs crossed at about 200Hz:

http://zmatek.jinak.cz/diy/pbaudio/top_hornloaded_10-1/show_construction.asp.html

Ps. How much power would be ideal to supply to the PD.156's in the Microscoops the driver is rated at 650W but i'm sure it could take a few more...

Thanks, Joe.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 11:50am
I agree with Champion.

PD1550 for 15''s
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 7:28pm
Iv run them off a Crest 8001 2 cabs per side, match made in heaven!!
Sticks n Stones
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 5:53am
Gent's, any progress on the microscoops ? Any mid-way construction pics ?
SmokeyJoe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 1:00pm
Unfortunatley the Microscoop project has gone out-the-window for me. Having only a Ford Mondeo to transport the gear sevearly limits what cabs you can have.

I built a mockup box to the same dimensions as the Microscoop and when i looked at it (its about the same size as a washing machine) there is no way im getting two of em', mid/tops and dj gear into the back of a Mondeo.

Currently looking at the X15 for fullrange, then adding a pair of X1's when i get a van (about 1.5 years).

Would the X15's have pleanty of bass with a PD156 in it?

Thanks, Joe.
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 2:30pm
Hang tight my micros in the making...just got all the tools set up..pics up soon.
Sticks n Stones
SmokeyJoe View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 2:32pm
I envy you champion!
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by CHAMPION CHAMPION wrote:

Hang tight my micros in the making...just got all the tools set up..pics up soon.

Originally posted by Tom Umney Tom Umney wrote:

Now I wonder if the new micro scooper 15 [Staiper's design] which is supposed to be wicked,if it can beat the crappy Eminence 18 inch scoop design?

So what's the update on this new micro scooper 15 [Staiper's design] ?

Ain't no one going to or attempting to build it ?

What's happened to that dude Champion ? I thought he was gonna make dem & load dem with PD1550s ?
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:46pm
Champion, where are you these days ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>