Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini DSP output voltage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini DSP output voltage
    Posted: 01 July 2022 at 1:42am
After some frustrating testing with my new portable speaker project I'm coming to the conclusion that I need to find a way to boost the output voltage of my mini DSP before the signal reaches my sure amp board. 
Has anybody got any suggestions for this? 
At the moment I have a 36v ebike battery powering the amp and a buck converter stepping down to 5v to power the mini DSP and Bluetooth board so something that's happy at either of those voltages would be excellent! Also the smaller the form factor the better, cheers!
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 3:13am
What is the input sensitivity of the amp board? If it's consumer line level the DSP should drive it just fine. 
Teadub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 4:06am
2.4v apparently
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 7:30am
Gain on the amp board may be adjustable, 2.4V is a very high input for a low output amp. Often there is a resistor in the feedback loop that can be changed to adjust the gain.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 7:59am
Which Sure amp is it?
I recall some had jumpers to change sensitivity - or as above you might be able to switch out a resistor if you're brave and capable.
https://www.instagram.com/batteryacidsoundsystem/
 Post Reply Post Reply