Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini Scoop EQ Settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casual1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini Scoop EQ Settings
    Posted: 04 November 2022 at 3:22pm
Could anyone tell me any general EQ settings that would be good for use with mini scoops? I will be running them from 38Hz to 90Hz with 24dB L-R slope. Are there any particular frequencies that should be boosted and by how many dB to get optimal performance out of them? 
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2022 at 3:33pm
This question should really be in Scoop Forum.

To stop this site, from being liberally sprinkled, with Scoop posts, all over the place, I requested the creation of the Scoop Forum, well over 10x years ago.

Maybe send message to Admin, to move it there.

Also try reading MS18 thread in Scoop Forum, the designer pposted plans for this cab here, long time ago.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Casual1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casual1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2022 at 3:44pm
Sorry.... I'm a self proclaimed 'newbie' so thought this would be the best section. I will be sure to ask any future enquiries in the appropriate forum.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2022 at 11:24pm
 I know I run a low shelf eq on mine to bring out the very low notes but what the settings are exactly I can't remember! I'll be at the venue they're in tomorrow afternoon so will have a look and get back to you... :)
Meat Substitute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Substitute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 12:20am
I like the following. I'm not any kind of pro dude though.

+6dB @ 40Hz,  Q=2 low cut 48dB/8ve @30Hz.

hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 2:59am
Depends on your set up 4 way 3 way or 2 way reflex or horns on top and size of the room also what amps and speakers you are using !
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2022 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

I know I run a low shelf eq on mine to bring out the very low notes but what the settings are exactly I can't remember! I'll be at the venue they're in tomorrow afternoon so will have a look and get back to you... :)

I'm in front of the amp rack now, the settings are +6db <50hz low shelf with a an 18db slope. 
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2022 at 3:27pm
Just remember, EQ boost of +3dB is a doubling in power at that certain frequency, excursion will be 50% higher. 
 Post Reply Post Reply