Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini system run off small generators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXxSOLOxXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini system run off small generators
    Posted: 13 June 2019 at 2:27pm
hi all, I am wanting to build a system that runs off 2x950w generators that I have already acquired for parties. Would mainly be playing dnb tek hard trance minimal ect obviously this is nit a lot of power but I would only need it for 30 people (40 max) would ideally like it to be a 3 way system and easy enough to chick in a car. Bare in mind some low power led lights, a laser and a laptop would also be powered off these generators. I don’t really know where to start so please could you all help me out
Teadub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 4:24pm
You may be a bit hard pushed with a pair of 950w gennies but a pair of active 12" + 1 speaker on a stick type things may work for you and is a nice simple solution. Admittedly won't do much justice to the lower frequencies. Another option would be to use one generator to power a small sub (something like a tham 12 would offer decent efficiency) and the other generaror to power a single top either active or passive and to run your lights etc. Although a larger genny at least for your bass would be handy.
 Post Reply Post Reply