Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miniscoop OR Reflex?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

Someone should really do a plot, because its all very well saying they're efficient, but i cant really believe it, by the look of the cab i'd have thought its not very efficient at all (allthough i've never heard one so im speculating).

<SNIP>

thanks for your input lev

Jake, you don't have to take my word for it.

Maybe you can arrange a listening test with Tweeter Box sometime.

He has 4x loaded with  Turbomadmax1200, living in his kitchen, when not gigging.. Shocked

@Mykey, Sos mate cant tell you how mini's sound flat, Cos I wouldnt be interested in hearing that. I compare cabs/drivers by seeing how well they deal with low cut @32hz, 40-50hz boosted, because thats how I'll be gigging them.

Amateur, unprofessional, but works for me every time.

Nope!!

Been giging alot recently so theyre living in a transit van at the moment!

+1
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 2:54pm
Shocked Fair enough!
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 4:13pm
@Lev, what I meant lev was, you can design a mini to play nice bass without so much EQ

I was asking how tweets sounded with out eq?

wouldn't you rather have a mini that played bass with out eq, then give it some eq?

I still heven't had an answer and don't suppose I ever will

when I design a bass bin I always play it with no eq, if it plays heavenly bass with out it, I then know how much damage it will do with EQ

there is one bass bin that I designed that does need EQ and thats the XXL

but like most systems, they come with controlers, without them they sound sh*t

......lets put a blank plate cover on the unit and call it a CONTROLER

what it should be called is a DISGUISER, disguising how crap they would sound without it

I think you should start off at the shoot out with all bins no EQ, then jot down your remarks then use EQ and jot down your remarks

I said a while back that I put 5 watts into a bin and if it sings I know whats coming next, the only person that agreed with me was Tek

so I shall ask once again.......tweet, how does ya box sound without EQ? that Q goes to Attraction too
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 4:51pm
I have often wondered what the magic was in certain speaker companys 'controllers'.

Mykey, are you saying that the 'controller' is just a pre set EQ unit with no way of external adjustment?
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 10:43am
I reckon most controllers are little more.. possibly some kind of phase correction filtering could go on in a system controller also, other than that just system specific limiting/protection..but there isn't too much else they can do is there?
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 11:27am
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

@Lev, what I meant lev was, you can design a mini to play nice bass without so much EQ

True

wouldn't you rather have a mini that played bass with out eq, then give it some eq?

of course

when I design a bass bin I always play it with no eq, if it plays heavenly bass with out it, I then know how much damage it will do with EQ

Yep

I think you should start off at the shoot out with all bins no EQ, then jot down your remarks then use EQ and jot down your remarks

I said a while back that I put 5 watts into a bin and if it sings I know whats coming next, the only person that agreed with me was Tek

Grown up way of doing it really, so I have to agree.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 10:51am
Originally posted by mykey
<DIV>I was asking how tweets sounded with out<strong> </strong>eq?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>so I shall ask once again.......tweet, how does ya box sound without EQ? that Q goes to Attraction too</DIV>[/QUOTE mykey
I was asking how tweets sounded with out eq?

so I shall ask once again.......tweet, how does ya box sound without EQ? that Q goes to Attraction too
[/QUOTE wrote:

Apoligyies for the late reply, wedding season just kicked in so weekends gonna be kinda hectic now!

Myk by this do you mean everything running at zero on ya mixer

Apoligyies for the late reply, wedding season just kicked in so weekends gonna be kinda hectic now!

Myk by this do you mean everything running at zero on ya mixer and graphic, if so then i have tried this, it did sound goodish but im unable to comment really as ive nothing to compare it to. Would really need to try another type of cab in this situation before i can make a judgement.

BTW Turbos in a mini = serious trouser flapping, last night we took out 3 of them to Rennaisance Hotel and all i can say is WOOOOOOOW. Done that venue before aswell with 4 x T18s and they just about filled the place.

Its funny how it takes you 1 hour to set up when you get there and 15 mins to pack when ya leaving LOL

Any way gotta get ready for coventry now, one of my top stands is faulty, i think the up/down/clockwise/anti clockwise lever is slipping Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112