Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miniscoop OR Reflex?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:17pm
All I know is that two sets/stacks of 3 of these mini's on their sides (one on top the other) loaded with most/any of the best 18'' drivers on the market at the moment, even with some Eminence, with a couple Mt121's on top & you will have a serious sounding system.

Best of all, manageable to move on your own if need be.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:17pm
Sorry, what do you mean tek?

"keep it running cool"

Edited by Jake_Fielder - 27 March 2008 at 3:19pm
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

Think scooflex is gonna stick LOL

I recognise those cabs Embarrassed

Yes, I used a quantum mirror from Stargate, jumped into a parallel reality, went to your house and borrowed your cabs (before you sold the drivers), took them down to shortmans and took a pic, then returned the cabs/drivers.Wink

Anybody selling a stargate let me know cash waiting Big%20smile
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

I meant so we all keep this thread running nice as it is in discussion! You know what usually happens when these mini's gets mentioned!

Especially when/if Mykey jumps on it.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:21pm
So you would agree then, its not just a reflex.Wink
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:24pm

Tweeter you fool, stop posting incorrect diagrams, now you ave forced me to come clean:
I am shortman, here is the real design, you may use it for diy people

Cyclones from a dyson make the air superfast when exiting the horn mouth - genius ClapLOLClap
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

All I know is that two sets/stacks of 3 of these mini's on their sides (one on top the other) loaded with most/any of the best 18'' drivers on the market at the moment, even with some Eminence, with a couple Mt121's on top & you will have a serious sounding system.

Best of all, manageable to move on your own if need be.

Cheers for the input, I suppose for most people thats all they need to know. I just wanted to understand peoples ideas when they say its a scoop.

Im going to do extensive modeling when i get home and try and come up with some useful graphs and comparisions.

(and yeah, lets keep it friendlyLOL!!)
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:27pm
I think to answer this we have to define exactly what a scoop is.

My answer... a rear loaded horn.

So...

1. Must have a throat.
2. Must have an expansion in air path (port / horn).
3. The mouth area must comply to horn theory (large enough to support the lowest tuning freq)..

It must have all three to truely be a rear loaded horn... as far as I can see it only has 2.

It's a hybrid.

Next thing to discuss is whether this design was found by shear luck or adapting (sawing the bottom off) a real scoop... and if so which one.

Edited by adambomb - 27 March 2008 at 3:28pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

So you would agree then, its not just a reflex.Wink

Well obviously, the flux capacitor allows it to see the future of the music signal allowing excelent transient response.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

OK, OK, this is what they look like;

Please forgive Tweeter Box's deception. This is actually what inside a Mini Scoop Looks like.

And why, stacking them vertically is so popular.

"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:33pm
I agree adam, the thing is every type of cab is linked.... at what point does a tapped horn  turn into a scoop? at what point does a scoop turn into a "miniscoop" or long ported reflex, and at what point does that turn into a reflex,

It would be cool to have a gif vid of designs morphing into the next one along....
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

I meant so we all keep this thread running nice as it is in discussion! You know what usually happens when these mini's gets mentioned!

Especially when/if Mykey jumps on it.

I was wondering why its so quite today?? I recon Mykeys holding hands with HBL in the park!!LOL no offence intended

......I'll get me coat Big%20smile

It would be cool to have a gif vid of designs morphing into the next one along....

+1

Edited by tweeter box - 27 March 2008 at 5:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>