Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mmmm fatness....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mmmm fatness....
    Posted: 01 January 2006 at 11:05am
took out the wsxtras for nye, ran them powered by a bridged lab fp 3400 so around 1500 w each, powered 4 more wsx witrh a fp 6400 (a bit overpowered but i kept a close eye on it)
anyone who still thinks that switched modes cant do bass is just plain wrong. it was totally punishing, seriously battered everyone in the place so hard i was left stunned and shell shocked.

wasnt so funny finding out that the lift was out of order and having to cart everything up a flight of stairs then back down in the morning....

on the plus points, 2 x pulse 1100 and 2 x lab gruppen makes for a very light but pokey rack i reckon around 60kg with 4 amps and controller in a shock mounted rack...aaah...blisss....
COWFOOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COWFOOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2006 at 9:25pm
I hate that.
COWFOOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COWFOOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2006 at 10:24am
Isn't it funny how a speakerbox weight seems to double when you're packing them up at 3:00 am. !!!!
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2006 at 10:38am
3am!!! our party packed down at 3pm! and yes, the boxes feel much much heavier, must get a tail lift on my van.
chilli View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2006 at 1:21pm
they feel even heavier at 8am, then by the time i got to the unit it was 3pm and by then i think they weighed around 4.5 x the weight
CS HiFi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CS HiFi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 1:33am
Originally posted by chilli chilli wrote:

on the plus points, 2 x pulse 1100 and 2 x lab gruppen makes for a very light but pokey rack i reckon around 60kg with 4 amps and controller in a shock mounted rack...aaah...blisss....

Lab Gruppen's!  Good for you. Expensive, but you get what you pay for (as they say).

I reckon I'll have some in maybe...5 years from now?!! 

Edited by CS HiFi - 03 January 2006 at 1:33am
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 5:06pm

on the plus points, 2 x pulse 1100 and 2 x lab gruppen makes for a very
light but pokey rack i reckon around 60kg with 4 amps and controller in
a shock mounted rack...aaah...blisss....

Yeah we`re down to 1 of 4x300 pulse , 2 of 2x1100 pulse and 1 ffa 6000 to run four stacks and 4 sub of noise control....bliss! Just gotta get a smaller rack now!

.p.
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 1:50am

they feel even heavier at 8am, then by the time i got to the unit it was 3pm and by then i think they weighed around 4.5 x the weight

its not because you have been smoking a spliff then

and what you said about switch mode not being good on bass i agree

except for Lab-gruppens wicked amps

Edited by mykey - 18 January 2006 at 1:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply