Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MNC ‘ebay special’ bullets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lionpawsoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MNC ‘ebay special’ bullets
    Posted: 16 September 2018 at 2:18pm
afternoon all,

Ive got 4 of the ‘ebay special’ MNC bullets mounted in each of my mt121s. I know theyre not great but for the price of them they do just nicely plus, the holes are cut in the battons now and it doesnt seem like theres much else will fit. Theyve served me well for the last 5 or so years but recently ive noticed the magnet, diaphram and bullet but are shaking loose from the mini horn. Anyone else had this issue? When mounted it seems to cause the bullet bit to sag - see pic

Its easily fixed, take the driver out and tigthen the screws (next pic). Any thoughts on how i can stop these coming loose again? If the screws are over tightened the cone presses into the diaphragm and it starts to crinkle. Would a bit of locktite do the trick without any detriment? Any other thoughts? 

Obviously not looking for answers like get netter drivers haha. 
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 2:35pm
I would suggest a smear of loctite on the parts that clamp together and also on the screws that hold it together. You can get different grades of loctite, green AFAIR is more of a glue and blue is for screws that need to be undone but stops them loosening due to vibration.
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
lionpawsoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lionpawsoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2018 at 8:50am
thanks valve head. Have bought a bottle of the blue stiff so will give it a go 👍
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 4:23pm
I don't think Loctite will solve your problem. Really what you need is diaphragms that are the right size for that magnet Unhappy
However, you've got to be able to get those screws tight otherwise the weight of the magnet will always pull it off centre. Try a plastic shim under the diaphragm surround? Maybe it isn't thick enough to give the correct spacing (although it seemed to me problem was that the the coil former is too deep)
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
 Post Reply Post Reply