Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modified mt122

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djslacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: modified mt122
    Posted: 02 April 2009 at 11:45am
hi, i have seen on here that a few people have taken the mt122 plan and made it as 3 seperate boxes, one for the tweeter and 2 for the subs. would this work if you just made the box for the sub on its own? i have seen a few in pics and am thinking of building some, has anyone on here done this and how do they sound?
cheers
rob
Rockin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 12:49pm
The lower part of the cab arent subs. They are mid range which is very different. You can split the box up from the original design with no ill effects. A lot easier to carry thats for sure. They sounnd the dogs imo. Ive got a pair of MT's with seperate tops and the projection they have is awesome. Not suited to very small rooms or if you need wide dispersion
trebor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trebor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 2:42pm
@Rockin: Have you built MT120s? (see http://www.speakerplans.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24914&PID=252608&title=mt121-build-or-start-of#252608 )

If so I'd be interested in seeing and hearing them!

trebor
 Post Reply Post Reply