Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Inappropriate Song Played...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Inappropriate Song Played...
    Posted: 07 May 2020 at 6:39pm
In "honour" of Trump's "Live & Let Die - GnR" cock-up whilst visiting a mask manufacturing factory, what have you "accidentally" added to the playlist?

On World Car Free Day, our test music was Gary Newman-Cars, Madness, I like driving..., Anything by The Cars, Tracy Ulman-Fast Car, Talking Heads-Road to Nowhere etc.

What have you got and points for most inappropriate! Just for fun, to lighten mood.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 6:53pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qewaXWU2yiw

I Played this by accident when i venue i had an install was having the limits set by the council 
error 404
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 7:03pm
Played tenacious Ds f**k  her gently at a mates wedding. 

Was totally inappropriate, but i wasn't getting paid and even had to buy my own beers, so I played what made me smile!

Edited by JonB67 - 07 May 2020 at 7:04pm
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 7:44pm
In the early 90s our youthclub disco was pretty into a new kind of music called “house” the djs got their records in antwerp and so a town grew up with early rave instead of top of the pops.. but we had some complaints of parents due to the lyrics... parents weren’t happy their 13-year old came home chanting French kiss by Lil louis or Dildo by interactive..
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 8:44pm

Wayne G.  Twisted

in the chapel at the crematorium..

elder sisters request

Officiator said afterwards..

"makes you just want to get up and dance"
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
partya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 10:55pm
'Got you by the balls' by AC/DC as a recessional song at a friends wedding. Very entertaining.

There was a fundraising concert for the Christchurch mosque shootings families, one of the headliners performed a song with the lyrics "I'm a loaded gun, got my aim on you", "It turns out, that you ain't bulletproof" and "Got the loaded gun, I hope your aim is true". Not very well thought out......
Turn it up! Turn what up?
tomr_29 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomr_29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 12:34am
Anything by Richard Cheese. His SpongeBob cover is a particular favourite if I can get away with it (no swearing so ‘suitable’ for all audiences).

Proper capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
www.facebook.com/tremoracoustics
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:01am
At a friends funeral in Melbourne, the deceased requested this:
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 11:58am
I asked a DJ ‘Friend’ to cover proceedings at my brother-in-law’s wedding.

He bizarrely thought that ‘End of the road’ by Boyz II Men was a great first dance choice.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 2:07pm
"Stupid Marriage" and "2 much 2 young" and "Lorraine" are staples of my band's wedding set list. Whether or not the bride and groom request them. Sometimes they do!

I also once re-used a playlist I'd been given at Carnival, for a kid's lantern parade, as they'd requested "bouncy Caribbean music". About halfway round I realised that a lot of dancehall and soca lyrics are, from a family-friendly point of view, DISGUSTING.
But thankfully none of the other adults seemed to notice, and I'm hoping small British kids aren't very good at understanding deep Jamaican patois accents...

Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

About halfway round I realised that a lot of dancehall and soca lyrics are, from a family-friendly point of view, DISGUSTING.

Well, sexually explicit lyrics have been a staple of jamaican music long before reggae music came to life, it's not a dancehall ting.
From Buster to Romeo To Perry, just to name a few, i feel that in calypso, ska, rocksteady and early reggae times sexual and rudeboy tunes outweighted the conscious ones, and i think one of the reasons (not the only one!) they became scarce later in the seventies was that artists were hoping to get international recognition like Bob Marleywas having, and you can't sell slackness to Island Music (that was part of Universal).
When in the eighties jamaican music was again made more for jamaicans and less for the world, slackness came back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MTgbQq8IzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6s2pVugi2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIYRrCVbB3o

and the b side of the versatiles tunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC3K74ee8kM

I feel far more disgusting the homophobic arguments, but I don't want to open THAT can of Worms.
sorry for the rant, i'm too much at home these days

Edited by Jo bg - 08 May 2020 at 4:23pm
Fred_dibna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 7:31pm
I remember when I was younger and driving round town with a mate and at that time I had a 15"+1.4"p.a speaker in my back seat connected to a bridged car amp. It was so loud we had to shout at the top of our voices to each other despite being sat next to each other. We saw a few police up the road had stopped traffic because of slight small crash, they were slowly waving cars by so I quickly wacked in a rap cd I had compiled of my favourite artists and selected 'N.W.A - F**k Tha Police', lol. As we came to the front we had it blasting out god it must of been 120db it was so loud and everyone was starring at us they could hear it a long way up the road.

The police came upto my car so I turned it down and he said "good afternoon, is that song entirely appropriate?", lol. Me and my mate laughed and he told us to change the song, he didn't seem to mind about how loud it was he even said it was our ears, but the song had to be changed because him and his police mates heard it and were offended, lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>