Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motion triggered audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 2:23pm
mp3 doorbell ;) simples
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 2:32pm
Drop me a pm if you need any help trouble shooting Arduino code. If you some experience in programming you should be able to get something up and running pretty quick. There's a lot of pre-written libraries that will get you results without getting into the low level guts of it all.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

mp3 doorbell ;) simples

mp3 doorbell?

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 4:37pm
yeah lol around £20. store the mp3 to it and it plays when you hit the button. or in this case the sensor is triggered.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 06 September 2017 at 4:37pm
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 4:42pm
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Siemens-Cubist-Wirefree-Portable-Door-Bell-Chime-Kit-8-Sound-Mp3-Wireless-DCWF26/1937862192?iid=351387119827

8mb mp3 limit the only downside to this one, may be better ones. Probably want to do away with the speaker and just use as a source, and obviously youd need to mod the wireless button to not use the button but a sensor.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 06 September 2017 at 4:55pm
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 6:00pm
I'd go Pi over Arduino, but that's mainly because it's a more versatile bit of kit for when Halloween is over - they make great digital signage players.
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 12:40am
Pi + PIR sensor would be how I do it. You could use the one pi to do it all with multiple sensors. But if you wanted to go the self contained route I'd just for a bunch of arduino boards and sensors as they tend to be a few bob cheaper than the pi. However depending on the size of the files they may not have enough grunt. Also you'll need an sdcard board/shield.

Plenty of guides online.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 9:42am
I'd probably go Pi for the native media support and HDMI out, especially if a high level application had already been written that supported what you wanted to do for minimal setup fuss. Unless you already had a device that would play the audio files and just needed a logic/relay trigger. Then I'd probably go Arduino or other microprocessor.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 2:00pm

Hey the HIVE

Thanks for all the help translating a whole new language

I think I have found what is needed. 

£60.00 squids via fleabay so not to painful

I will keep the hive posted..

https://learn.adafruit.com/halloween-scream-box?view=all

Do you need a last minute Halloween decoration to scare your friends and trick-or-treaters?  Try building a scream box that lets out blood-curdling screams when it's opened!  By using a passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor and an Audio FX board you can build this scream box without even using a separate microcontroller or writing any code!

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
jcsb36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcsb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 6:11pm
What did you end up buying on eBay as I have a similar problem. Is any one selling it pre built as I'm seriously short on time.

Edited by jcsb36 - 07 September 2017 at 6:17pm
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by jcsb36 jcsb36 wrote:

What did you end up buying on eBay as I have a similar problem. Is any one selling it pre built as I'm seriously short on time.

Not found anyone selling the assembled package so I purchased a selection of the items listed in the Adafruit link in my post  above from a UK based Ebay seller called pi hut

2 items sold by bright_components
ITEM PRICE:
£0.99

The link from Matt earlier in the thread gets you a ready made player but you will still need to connect a suitable trigger 

Edited by 4D - 07 September 2017 at 10:39pm
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 12:35pm
Its remarkable how efficient some Ebay sellers are, ordered parts yesterday afternoon and the majority of the components arrived this morning via DHL just waiting on the resistors..  

Let the assembly proceed..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>