Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving up from newbie status...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:03pm
i now own these hds :p... i would have takn th tops too :)
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:13pm
Every chassis should be tied together anyway by cord shields.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by RAGING PROMOTIONS RAGING PROMOTIONS wrote:

whats to stop the thread acting as a conductor on the hum frees? seem pretty pointless if the thread of the bolt will still conduct to the rack.

Jake
As Chris says, part of the kit contains a hard plastic or nylon bolt which ensures that no metal touches the chassis. For what they cost, it's a bit of cheap insurance.
balistic_sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balistic_sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 12:27am
What style of music do you play maxwell
Don't underestimate no sound!
maxwell92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwell92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by balistic_sounds balistic_sounds wrote:

What style of music do you play maxwell

Mainly dubstep / drum & bass
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 5:56pm
A friend had a 'wobble box' if i remember rightly it was two fane 12's 4x 6"/9" sony xplode's  and about 20 tweeters ripped from any and every home audio speakers... sounded great at the time.... NOOOTTT! 
Poll this!
maxwell92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwell92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:51pm
Just added a picture taken today,, out of interest how much would people charge for this to be hired out? cheers
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 9:23pm
i know one thing ,,with not a lot of money it could look a whole lot better for hire outs  ,splash of paint and new grills on the scoops, and new grils on the jbl's,and it would look like a tidy rig 
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
will_i_am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will_i_am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 11:55am
what are you crossing the scoops/thls at? do you still run hd's in bettween? look forward to hearing that about manc!
sonofalesbian View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofalesbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:29pm
it will be out on the 6th of August at Saki!

i love this thread max, amazing to think what you started with and now have
maxwell92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwell92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by will_i_am will_i_am wrote:

what are you crossing the scoops/thls at? do you still run hd's in bettween? look forward to hearing that about manc!

Scoops from 40 to 80hz, THL's 80hz upwards. We dont have the HD's anymore which is a bit of a shame because the reflex 15" drivers in the Turbo's struggle doing much kick, especially since its playing the low mid aswell.

We're getting some new bass cabs soon anyway..

Originally posted by sonofalesbian sonofalesbian wrote:

i love this thread max, amazing to think what you started with and now have

Crazy init george, shame I dont have any pics of all the skytec amps that powered it all lol
`Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote `Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 9:40pm
Very impressive, came from junk to a very respectable system. Hope you do well mate in the future! Once we get our new system all sorted i might make a theard like this, there always an intresting read.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12