Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr Eddie, valve amp builder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr Eddie, valve amp builder
    Posted: 17 April 2013 at 3:21pm
Hi, can anyone pass me any info on Mr Eddie, a Jamaican amp/valve amp builder?

I have just aquired a soundsystem that has 3x1000watt and 1x500watt valve pieces, along side
a pre-amp all built by Mr Eddie. Any info about other sounds that have Mr Eddie gear would be greatly
appreciated.

To own a sound such as this has been a childhood dream........ all my previous systems i have run used valves (Hiwatt, Simmswatts) but always had to slave big transister amps to.

Thanks in advance for any info

Valvehead
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 3:32pm
Was this the one on ebay a few weeks back?
Be seeing you.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 4:02pm
Hi, yes I was the lucky winner!Smile
Kumi Hi-Fi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumi Hi-Fi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 4:06pm
Wow!
Would it be possible for you to post some pictures?
Eddies Yebuahs now lives in Ghana.
He built for Duke Vin, Admiral Ken, El Paso, ...
His HQ was at '64 Ashmore Rd' in London.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 4:12pm
Hi, as soon as i have taken them, they will be posted. I have a small session date- 11 may at the rosehill tavern, brighton where i hope to use one of the 1k pieces. thanks for the info Smile
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by valve head777 valve head777 wrote:

I have just aquired a soundsystem that has 3x1000watt and 1x500watt valve pieces, along side
a pre-amp all built by Mr Eddie. 

wow, congratulations!!!! ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

PICTURES PLEASE!!!! TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 4:16pm
you know what, I can't believe i got it. sleepless night, so it wasnt a dream.... can't wait to check out the pre-amp too.
Kumi Hi-Fi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumi Hi-Fi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 4:20pm
By any chance, is there a pic on the eBay ad?
Can't wait to see these gems!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 4:27pm
thing is, the photos (which are on ebay) don't really give anything away. The whole listing was strangely placed. I had too keep my mouth buttoned for obvious reasons.....
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 4:57pm
The amps looked interesting,but i dont think the speaker cabinets were anything special,seemed like a mish-mash of JBL/Court w-bins, Altec copies,and Fane 1970's disco horns,not the sort of thing you would normally associate with a reggae system,but i agree,very odd advert,the seller said it had been used just once to test it,and not been used since,and wasnt sure if it was even working? All very strange.

Edited by jbl_man - 17 April 2013 at 5:16pm
Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 5:01pm
yeah I know!

after speaking to the owner it became clear. I agree about the speakers too. the horns look good, and i'm hoping they have nice vintage cd's behind them. my 8 scoops will replace the w bins. but the decks, pre and all else i'll use. Proper revive sound Big smile
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 5:11pm
You have six 18" gauss drivers in the w-bins,so those are worth a few quid,the HF horns look like 1970's Fanes+ single Fane bullet,so i would expect a vintage fane or RCF  screw-on driver behind those.

Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>