Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MS-18MK3 - User Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MS-18MK3 - User Feedback
    Posted: 03 January 2017 at 1:08pm
This,  Mykey Rhino & ASS Minis, are the only "non" Shortman mini copies.

What are peoples experiences/feedback. with MS-18MK3, with various drivers?

Well done to Staiper/Mykey/MR Rossells,  for coming up with originals, as opposed to renaming copies. LOL
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2017 at 8:00pm
Same old answer. My Mk1 with Void 1200 was as lush as a reflex (and that is a compliment) As with all large chamber mini driver control had to be managed. Not as bad as some would say, but had to be watched. I did Mk2 and then 3. As with anything in my experience that is horn loaded EXCEPT large chamber you lose the 50hz down. Adding more cabs can negate this, but then we have closed down venues due to peoples children not sleeping.  No idea what goes on in Shortman, but am sure chamber is large so my experience with MS18 MK 1 should be similar?
As a footnote, it's years now since all this was debated but now we have proper mental drivers, so for sure the control issues of large chamber cabs should be a thing of the past??
I always thought Ms18 Mk3 was an afterthought, sure it added control, but deffo lost it's rounded, reflex like capabilities. Became like any other horn to me, tons of 50/60 type stuff but no, "roll down" wooomph.  
Happy New Year
It's everything, not everythink!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2017 at 9:25pm
The Shortman mini combines low sub notes, with ridiculous SPL, when used with PD1850 series 1.
The other minis/Midis I've heard, usually score one of the above, but not both.

The right modern driver in the MS-18MK3, will do notes and decent SPL.

I'm thinking about getting couple modded versions built, as I can see where some tweaks would help.

Won't be called Knight Rider Sparta Mini V97, will just be a modded MS18 MKIII.LOL
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2017 at 10:57pm
Kinda agree with the above. Alot of non sminis were more 50/60hz and no decent 40hz considering its still a scoop. So for me a pointless cab as i could build 186 horn. I have 1 person i/we know tells me ass rx jnr is a good cab and great sub but as you know i havnt heard it yet from that box and havnt caught my friend playing them yet. But then i suppose lots of high bass is how most play their full scoops also
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2017 at 11:00pm
Edit: ultimate minis were designed from ground up also
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 9:28am
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Kinda agree with the above. Alot of non sminis were more 50/60hz and no decent 40hz considering its still a scoop. So for me a pointless cab as i could build 186 horn. I have 1 person i/we know tells me ass rx jnr is a good cab and great sub but as you know i havnt heard it yet from that box and havnt caught my friend playing them yet. But then i suppose lots of high bass is how most play their full scoops also

Yep. No reggae expert, but have tried to listen and the Dubstep world seems to have a lot more true sub. That withstanding makes a nonsense out of all our arguments, perhaps slightly higher bass is where it is?  Nothing wrong with that, it's just like the Asian thing with T18's, horses for courses or whatever that saying is..
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 10:09am
ultimate minis were designed from ground up also + 1 i had 4 of them and nothing like a shorty at all,more a flat sounding spl cab, very impressive actually i liked them very much 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 11:15am
Did actually forget about Ultimate mini's, not personally heard them, but heard of them.

IMHO, no cab is worthy to be called Scoop/mini scoop, if 1x cab can't do really solid 40hz, with host of drivers. LOL

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 11:21am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Yep. No reggae expert, but have tried to listen and the Dubstep world seems to have a lot more true sub. That withstanding makes a nonsense out of all our arguments, perhaps slightly higher bass is where it is?  Nothing wrong with that, it's just like the Asian thing with T18's, horses for courses or whatever that saying is..

To me Dubstep is just noise for the fun of it... Real Roots Reggae/Dub has lyrics/a conscious message.

Dubstep may have plenty of 30hz sinewaves, but I prefer "Digital" dub track, with lyrics, and serious bump at 35-45hz, that gives a serious warmth, not monotonous, repeated, machine like droning.

Really miss the days of Ragga Jungle, that music had sub, warmth, energy...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 11:41am
You heard them once black swan
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

You heard them once black swan

Yes man, Kutty stack...

Think Kutty had technical that night with K10 though?

Don't think he was fully firing that time...

Heard Kutty messed up clash in Tottenham Edge, with his own Minis & '52s though.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2017 at 11:46am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

To me Dubstep is just noise for the fun of it... Real Roots Reggae/Dub has lyrics/a conscious message.

Dubstep may have plenty of 30hz sinewaves, but I prefer "Digital" dub track, with lyrics, and serious bump at 35-45hz, that gives a serious warmth, not monotonous, repeated, machine like droning.

Really miss the days of Ragga Jungle, that music had sub, warmth, energy...

Fully agree  but people renting systems out have to cater 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>