Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT121 BUILDS IN BERMUDA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 11:46pm
shame to  have those lovely tools and then use poor quality ply - but then i bet birch isnt cheap out there!
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 11:47pm
its not buggering well cheap here mate! LOL
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 11:48pm
no it isnt, LOL

it is if you know the right people.......
magixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

shame to  have those lovely tools and then use poor quality ply - but then i bet birch isnt cheap out there!

UMMMMM,
Not sure how you figure from the pics that we are using "poor quality" ply.

But this is WHITE BURCH PLYWOOD. Costs about $75.00 US per sheet.

The whole sound is brand new down to every last audio jack, so there is no way that we would be skimping on the ply, dear sir Confused....

Currently awaiting my mid bass and Hogs to be shipped to me from UK.(bigup INSOMNIA SOUNDS).

Here is a look at the finished product topend........
My ampcase is also white(custom made). Gonna have lots of fun keeping them clean! lol

still more pics, just waiting on my mate's cam to upload...........

magixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

Great looking set :) I see JTS is sticking with Jack sockets on the preamp still, ever seen one with XLR's on it? Plenty of space on that rear panel. XLRS fall out less often and are sealed to let less dust/sand/beer in....isn't Bermuda mostly beach :)

LMAO...I guess your right for the wrong reasons Hug.
Yes we are mostly beach, but seldom will I be playing my system on such terrain unless I am on top of a 8foot high stage or similar.
We mostly have halls or clubs that I will be playing in (still have to look out for the beer spillers) Ouch.

But other than that, yes, I think it would be a bit of a plus to have JTS use xlr instead of 1/4" mono.(I could have had it done being that it was built from scratch)

Other than that I am quite pleased with it. As you see, I had it customized (knobs, color, logo etc), also as stated earlier, I had the x-over points adjusted to meet with my horns and woofers to spec.
Studio Express View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studio Express Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 11:53pm
magixx..please post your myspace link.
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 12:05am
apologies magixx for drawing a false conclusion. 

but birch over here doesn't come with knots or filler in. 
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 12:06am

magixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

Well I guess its a matter of where the wood comes from. I could have opted for a more expensive mahogany ply, but my carpenter suggested that this flavor of birch will do. They came out quite nice after sanding and spraying....
This is also why I opted to have the hogs and mid bass cabs built out there (UK), where there birch may be a better quality.

burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 4:54pm
What mid bass did you go with?
Looking good though - nice job.
All the best for you playing oot.
music is the message
magixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by burningbush burningbush wrote:

What mid bass did you go with?
Looking good though - nice job.
All the best for you playing oot.

Thanks!!!
 Got the set plugged up to some monitors right now, sounding sweet already.....
for mid bass, I Decided to go with 4- B&C 215 cabs.(bass reflex double 15's)
loaded with Ciare 15ndh4 woofers.

I was researching on some folded horns and such, but have concluded with these.....
magixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Studio Express Studio Express wrote:

magixx..please post your myspace link.

Magic Chemist
Souljah1 Sound
twitter.com/souljahmagic
myspace.com/souljah1muzik
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12