Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT121 revisited, revised

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MT121 revisited, revised
    Posted: 14 March 2011 at 2:23am
As many know, MT122 plans on the main site are bit misleading and confusing.

Also I think this type of midtop doesn't necessarily need 18mm outer shell, since that's just what it is, shell or rack where real acoustic pieces are bolted into.

To kill some time I redrew the horn, this time completely from 15mm ply. This thickness will be enough for outer panels and at the same time will make tricky horn assembly a bit easier with its larger joint surfaces. It should also theoretically dampen the horn a bit more. I also removed mitre angles of over 45 degrees. To do this, I needed to make the whole thing few cm taller. This makes back chamber slightly larger. Other alteration that may have slight acoustic difference to the original is that I also replaced speaker baffle and horn throat baffle with 15mm ply, so there is sliiiightly more volume in compression chamber.

I hope I got all important dimensions covered in these pictures. Missing information can be measured from Sketchup file. Please let me know if something importand cannot be derived from dimensions already given in pictures.

I also hope this will make it easier to build more MT's as I believe these are very very nice basic mid horns for the price, only put off by their build difficulty.

Here is a ZIP file with pictures with measurements and .SKP file for Sketchup
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9726318/mt121/mt121_15mm.zip

Have fun
-Mikko

Edited by pfly - 14 March 2011 at 2:28am
mikey bear View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 2:35am
cracking work! much appreciated Clap
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 1:26pm
Thanks. The revised version is easier.

Is it possible to create a phase plug for the MT121 ? 

Edited by Aztor - 06 May 2013 at 12:01pm
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 3:10pm
am tryin to open the file but it dont want to open???
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 4:03pm
It's a ZIP file, Windows XP, Vista and 7 should be able to open them by themself, but you can also use WinZip or WinRar to open zip files.

If you mean the .skp file inside .zip, it is Google Sketchup 8 file.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 4:28pm
You need to have Sketchup installed to be able to open it.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
graftak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graftak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 4:41pm
Do you have The Hr data for this with the altered rear chamber and front chamber..

Cheers, Graftak
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 4:52pm
To be honest the differences are so small that HR can't show anything relevant. Difference in back chamber size is about the same as choosing between ferrite and nd magnet.
graftak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graftak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 6:37pm
thanx for your reply, ( and i could always put a little piece of extra wood in the chamber...)
 anyway bloody nice job making the cab eazier to build.

Cheers, Graftak
graftak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graftak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 1:35pm
is there any chance you could save this as an  Sketchup 7 file.

Cant find a free version of sketchup8..

Cheers
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by graftak graftak wrote:

is there any chance you could save this as an  Sketchup 7 file.

Cant find a free version of sketchup8..

Cheers

Looks free to me!

You only have to pay for the "pro" version... which is bound to be on any number of 'warez' sites in the next couple of days.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Tibor23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibor23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 2:26pm
Thanks man, greta job. this is realy usefull:D

S.O.K.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>