Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT122 build, start to finish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 1:57pm
Starting to build some MT121 (Simplified version), this makes it look so easy :) 
I still have some doubts on little details like:
  • What kind of screws did you use to hold the 12" hatch, to make it easily accessible?
  • Did you use allen bolts and what size to hold the 12" driver to the panel? If so did the you put the tee nuts on the round baffle or on the rectangular one?
  • Where did you put the wadding on the 12" chamber? did you use glass fibre or any other material?
adyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by silworm silworm wrote:

Starting to build some MT121 (Simplified version), this makes it look so easy :) 
I still have some doubts on little details like:
  • What kind of screws did you use to hold the 12" hatch, to make it easily accessible?
  • Did you use allen bolts and what size to hold the 12" driver to the panel? If so did the you put the tee nuts on the round baffle or on the rectangular one?
  • Where did you put the wadding on the 12" chamber? did you use glass fibre or any other material?
I used pan head self tappers screws plus M6 pan head bolts with t-nuts on the panels. The bolts on the top and bottum and the self tappers on the sides.
For the drivers i used M6 hex bolts on t-nuts fitted into the rectangular baffle.
I haven't used any wadding in the 12" chambers.

Hope this helps.
silworm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 3:40pm
Yes Adyk thanks for the explanation.

Just to make shure I understood what self tappers screws, these are also the type of screws used all around to hold pieces together right? 

If so, if you want to open the back panel, won't these damage the thread after some removals? (not that I want to be opening it all the time...) 

Could one just use bolts all around?

P.S. the tops look really good Wink
adyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by silworm silworm wrote:

Yes Adyk thanks for the explanation.

Just to make shure I understood what self tappers screws, these are also the type of screws used all around to hold pieces together right? 

If so, if you want to open the back panel, won't these damage the thread after some removals? (not that I want to be opening it all the time...) 

Could one just use bolts all around?

P.S. the tops look really good Wink
Self tappers are not the same as wood screws. I would of bolted it all the way round but the side battens has to be fin to allow the drive to fit.
If the batten gets damaged on removal its easy to place after all.
mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 2:03am
hey are u making any for sale as i would defo buy some from you 4-8 i need and also thats very nice build
adyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by mark mark wrote:

hey are u making any for sale as i would defo buy some from you 4-8 i need and also thats very nice build

Hi, sorry im not in the business of building them for other people, just haven't got the time. 
There is a lot of people on here that will do for you im sure.
maxwell92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxwell92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 3:48pm
They look awesome mate well done Thumbs Up
adyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 6:16pm
these will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested.

keilamym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keilamym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 2:12am
adyk... why are you choosing to sell them?
adyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 12:30pm
Hi just time to upgrade.
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2014 at 1:26pm
Pukka as mate when I build mine hope they turn out as good
Gonzo-4-bidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:41pm
a.s.l?? i mean, price and location???Tongue

WANTED usb drivers, avc2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>