Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mt122 drivers? dom?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mt122 drivers? dom?
    Posted: 06 February 2005 at 10:23am

hi,

i am about to build a pair as 4x 12" modules like doms, (tops later).

but am undecided what drivers to use, either the sn12b or pd123er,

i read a while back the mt122's were designed for pd123er's and dom has them loaded in his.. anyone else? why arent they mentioned on the plans..

we also only have old in house built amps from cosmic in essex with 500watts @ 8ohm p/ch, for the moment, so would we be better off going with the p audio cos they r rated at 300w rms or pd at 400w rms... some of there drivers like alot a power before theyr happy!?

i have an account at pd so they both work out the same price..

i'm itching to build, so can't wait for the shootout..

thanks in advance

al

Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 12:12pm

I can't fault our PD's, but I've not heard the SN12B in the same box so I couldn't tell you how they compare...  Just bought a SN12B for prototyping a new mid top, not played it yet, but they certainly don't weigh anything which is nice...

As for power our PD's took a while to break in, they seemed to want a lot of power when we first bought them, now the amp never seems to break sweat to get more than enough volume out of them...  We drive them off a QSC PLX3402 (550w per driver) but we only ever hit the -10db light on the amp these days...

"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 12:24pm

hmm, cheers,

thats a good point about the weight.. i forgot they were neo, maybe thats worth getting them for! it'll save backache a bit..

thanks...

Post Reply Post Reply