Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My HD15'S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by hmaudio hmaudio wrote:

that's certainly a different approach at a hatch rus Clap 

cheers hm. Smile bit of fun i thought. and why not do somthing a bit diffrent. it was all a good learning process aswell. as ive never built one before.

im really looking forward to hearing what this one on its own will sound like. as you are all awareim always changing my mind about what to build Embarrassed if things work out and i do build a pile of these hd15 instead. then i have a lovly idea for the mid/hi cabs for on top. but your have to all wait for that as its still in planing. its a ripoff of diffrent designs so im cheating really. but i will say that it will have same outer dimentions as a single hd15.
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

well i have a decent circular saw, which is grand for big rips.. i think i'd like a table saw to do smaller pieces, bits that are kind of too small under the saw boards.

ill dig out the dewalt model we use cravings i dout you would find a second hand one if you wanted a used one i would say these are the type of saw people buy then keep.

im defo going to need a table saw suitable for and 8x4 sheetif i go into cab production in the future. and a spray gun compressor. and the rest haha.
Crazy Dane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 9:16pm
Funny you made this design.. I have just designed a HD15 plan with round service lids..

But just have one little question for the experts on the forum.. Will a round lid be as airtight and riggid as i square??
Best regards... Frank
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 9:32pm
ok ill just step out and leave the 'EXPERTS' to that question. LOL

or am i able to answer your question. ?
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 9:52pm
I cant think of any disadvantages of having a circular hatch over a square one. Looks pretty good actually!
100% Earth Moving Bass
Beatdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 9:58pm
I like it!
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 10:05pm
thank you beatdaddy. sorry for crashing your thread. what are you doing with your hd15. are they with mid/hi or kicks above bass. ?

:)
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by GAZ. GAZ. wrote:

I cant think of any disadvantages of having a circular hatch over a square one. Looks pretty good actually!

thanks gaz. i would agrree with you ther is no advantage. if it is sealled it is sealled. !

if i build a pile of these cabs i wont be using round acess hatches. mine will be a little more custom. ;)
subbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 10:13pm
Clap

Edited by subbass - 12 December 2010 at 10:14pm
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 10:27pm
RUS i bet you £10 you will not be able to mount the PD154 driver in.
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 10:39pm
that did occur to me.. but i decided that he MUST have checked for that..
Beatdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 11:02pm
I use them for kicks over some ms-18 scoops, and some mid tops i designed.....
Crash away :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>