Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my x1 build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 6:52pm
I have ran my two RCF L18P300 `s on an ep 2500 it was ok about an year, but after that year i had to recone the speakers. it was quite frustrating job and i dont really recommend the ep 2500 to anyone because the numbers that behringer shows on the manual cant be correct - the amplifier has an 8 amperes worth of breaker. And if you get the 230 volts in it, the power cant be stronger than 230 v * 8 amperes = 1840 watts ( thats the max that the amplifier can produce if the transes are all open. so it can not fully feed the 2 1000w rms power requiring speakers altought the manual shows that it can produce 2400 w whilst on bridge and with 4 ohm impedance. Now i have crown xti 4000 shipping over and i am pretty exited about this new amplifier:) should do fine with my P300`s.

with respect;)
Raimo
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 12:40am
Hello!

I received my delivery of birch ply today, and i have some V18-1000s on a shelf.. so very soon i will be joining the "X1 owners club".
So I've been reading lots and lots here, and admiring all of the build pics i can see... and I'm curious about what peoples recommendations on bracing are.

The plan shows one vertical brace at the front, the build pics in this thread show two vertical braces at the front, and i'm sure i've seen that in other build pics.. i've read Dom remark somewhere that he felt the X1 design needed a horizontal brace somewhere...

Is there a general consensus on this?

I'm really looking forward to getting on with this (my first proper) build!
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 11:12am
I used two braces for the simple reason that it's easier to contrusct with 2 braces (having one in the middle make screwing the brace in a bit tricky).

Dom suggested putting another brace in the middle of the box, behind the driver, howver I think this applies more to the letterbox X1 than the normal design... (I have never noticed the panels in my normal X1s flexing / rattling).

Edited by adambomb - 29 June 2007 at 11:12am
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 3:54am
ah yes.. now you say it and i look again.. that seems so obvious.  good figuring.
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2007 at 4:22pm
The bracing applies just as much to the normal X1.  First time we took out a normal X1 we ratcheted a fairly chunky 3 way top box above it and it was walking all over the club.  In fact the only thing that stopped it disappearing out of the venue altogether was the length of the cable....  Bracing that panel stopped that...  Hence all the energy that was being wasted moving the cab was being used elsewhere...
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
fuzzylogic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuzzylogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 7:39pm
That explains where my X1's were going , I thought they just liked to mingle.

NEIGHBOURHOOD SOUNDSYSTEM
Infinitely baffled.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123