Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need a quote please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardstringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:34pm
Marjan....

How much do you sell them for mate? I play drum & bass, techno and oldskool hardcore rave which has a sh*t load of bass which makes most speakers beg for mercy. Even my studio monitors at home don't like that music on low the cones go mental like they've taken 2 grams of charly.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 7:53pm
I think your problem is not enough rig for the gig. Not the size of speakers.
We use our 2x8 inch line array box for quite a lot of drum and bass events directly above 18 inch subs.

PM me for business talk. 
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 8:27pm
Hell that just spoiled my night. 

It's everything, not everythink!
richardstringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardstringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:14pm
Marjan....
No my problem is not being able to afford mid/high speakers which are powerful enough to keep up with my subs, if I was a millionaire I wouldn't have this problem because i'd buy a Turbosound Aspect system or an EAW KF850 and SB1000 system because I love that system the KF850 are LOUD AS F**K!!!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by richardstringer richardstringer wrote:

Marjan....
No my problem is not being able to afford mid/high speakers which are powerful enough to keep up with my subs, if I was a millionaire I wouldn't have this problem because i'd buy a Turbosound Aspect system or an EAW KF850 and SB1000 system because I love that system the KF850 are LOUD AS F**K!!!

Yeah, loud as , but also heavy as a fat pig. Very outdated design by now.

As i have said, look for some used quality tops.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardstringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 8:41am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Originally posted by richardstringer richardstringer wrote:

Marjan....

Yeah, loud as , but also heavy as a fat pig. Very outdated design by now.

As i have said, look for some used quality tops.

That's what i've been doing for a few weeks now looking and looking, that advert is in Germany and I couldn't possibly get over there to hear the speakers and see if the drivers are in good condition. I've been scammed before and on this forum too by a few members in the past by buying without hearing so never again. I want to hear any used speakers and inspect drivers before I hand over any cash nowadays unless I pay with Paypal and are completely covered to get my money back if someone tries to scam me.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 1:46pm
A flight to Germany is what? A 50 pounds?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

A flight to Germany is what? A 50 pounds?

Come on Marjan, how would he arrange shipping? Richard is in the market for a pair of midtops, not a touring rig. Plenty of used kit in the uk i would have thought?

bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:22pm
Btw Richard, you started a thread in the wrong forum. New projects is for new loudspeaker design discussion. You should put an ad in the wanted section. State your total budget, mention your subs, and im sure you will get some offers. And give it a descriptive title like "wtb loud midtops", not "need a quote".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardstringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:52pm
I'm not gonna be flying to Germany mate ok sorry but that's a stupid idea considering I only want two mid/high cabinets.

Bob....Yeah there isn't a hell of a lot for sale and quite a bit is very, very high priced, gear like Turbosound Aspect 890 cabs, D&B Audio C7 tops etc...is way out my price range.

Edited by richardstringer - 28 May 2017 at 2:54pm
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 5:33pm
id look out for a pair of ohm trs212 sounds like just what you need they often come up for £5/600 a box ,cheaper than making some and sound spot on
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardstringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by krazyneil krazyneil wrote:

id look out for a pair of ohm trs212 sounds like just what you need they often come up for £5/600 a box ,cheaper than making some and sound spot on

I saw some a while back but didn't have enough money for them. I have only seen one pair though come up in the last 6 months or so. I was thinking about getting some cheap speaker cabinets that are made of 15mm or 18mm plywood and then putting decent drivers in them. I could put RCF 1,000 watt AES 12" drivers in and BMS 1.4" 4554 compression drivers in.

I could get a pair of The Box Pro 112M cabs fot £282 each and then model some drivers in WinISD and put suitable drivers in them and run them actively.

Edited by richardstringer - 28 May 2017 at 6:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>