Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help understanding box instructions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon(dallas) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help understanding box instructions
    Posted: 17 November 2016 at 12:09am
I have a 15" db drive wdx 7K and it says 70 " of vent area/22" long / 35hz tuning. Please explain this to me. I'm truly a newbie
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2016 at 12:26pm
That info goes together with the line above it on the website, which is that you need an enclosure with 6.25 cubic feet of internal volume, after accounting for the driver and vent (and the bracing which a cabinet that size should have) etc.
You then install (or more likely build) a vent that has a cross sectional area of 70 square inches, which is 22 inches long. (If using round pipe for the vent, it needs to be 9.5" internal diameter to achieve that, which may not be a standard size, hence you end up building the vent yourself.)
That should result in the box having a tuning of 35Hz, which is what the maker thinks suits that driver.
Regards,
David.
 Post Reply Post Reply