Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neodymium drivers in Scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 4:22pm
I done a box with pd 2151/2150 , 2*1850 are louder but don't go as low
So the whole thing comes to you looking to play 35-7hz
6db higher or deeper on your subs . Every time you take 4boxes I take only 2 . Even if you tak 2*18 , I'll take 1*21 for each box you take.
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 4:32pm
2x18 will be louder for sure.
There is something called power conpression as well to keep in mind.
That said 1x21 can be 8" while double 18 is typically 4 so if you have the amps to power them (think k20 etc) then single 21 might be wiser.
Best regards,
Teun.
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 8:01pm
Father-Francis: True. I still want to go ba(ll)ss deep, so it seems I´m staying with 21". I don´t need to go any louder. The 21 is overkill in the upper range for me, but not at 25-30Hz, soooo I might stay.

I wonder if DS versions will handle the same power as 18SW115, because the coil is Al now, not copper. I´d say it wont, but in specs, B&C says YES :-)

Teunos: It´s true that the displacement volume is the same, as with ordinary 18" as 18TBX100 or 18NW100 is. So down there under 50Hz, 21" has great chance to do the same. In the 60+Hz range, two 18"s will have the upper hand, but I don´t need it really.

I must also support the efficiency discussion. More motor force and displacement volume wins. Sensitivity comparisons are useless in HR.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456