Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Neutric wiring for series and parallel connections
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neutric wiring for series and parallel connections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrainx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neutric wiring for series and parallel connections
    Posted: 19 October 2018 at 8:55am
i have four folded horns loaded loaded with 1000w 4 ohms drivers each,
I wish to connect two cabinets each externally in series to achieve 2000w 8ohms using speak on plugs and connect the two series connection in parralel to achieve a total load of 4000w 4ohms..all these I need to do externally as all speakers are on different boxes and I want I deals on how I can wire the neutric sockects and plugs so I can achieve connections by simply plunging the wires..please anyone whom have done this before should help thanks
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2018 at 12:38pm
if you dont want to go the route of custom patch panels or modded cabs then the easiest and most flexible way is to mount 3 speakon sockets in an adaptable box and wire and label it accordingly. run 1 main speakon cable from the amp to the box and 2 link cables from the box to the cabs. repeat process for the other pair of cabs

it keeps all your cables wired normally so theres less potential for cockups and on occasions when you dont need to run the cabs in series you simply omit the boxes and run everything normally
LOUDER THAN LOUD
TheAmazingGanjaMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheAmazingGanjaMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2018 at 4:52pm
i made myself a nice little box
Burn Baby Burn Voice Coil Inferno
rayrainx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrainx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2018 at 9:48am
thanks a million bro..this is the easier form...am gonna use it .
 Post Reply Post Reply