Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 15" Ported Horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2021 at 12:51am
^^^yes, those subs are blast from the past, one of the first projects I followed on Speakerplans.  
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2021 at 9:38am
Saturday's job was just for a DJ event playing a wide range of genres.  The guys who hired me (it's a fairly regular booking) said it was my best system yet so happy with that.

Last night I was doing something slightly different in the form of a Pink Floyd tribute in a medium sized theatre only this time using my 2x12+1.4" mid-tops on two of the ported horns each side.  I also managed to do a very brief measurement, mainly to check the phase alignment.  The ported horns integrated with the 2x12's very well and did a very good job of keeping up with them (the 2x12's are ridiculously loud).

When you're used to running 18" reflex, it's a very different sound. For starters the horns don't really do a huge amount below about 50Hz but that's just a feature of the design.  I had designed them wanting a really good kick drum but what I'm really pleased about is how good things like bass guitar sound through them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011