Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New amp recomendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New amp recomendation
    Posted: 24 February 2023 at 12:33am
I am looking  for amplifiers for tops and subwoofer use. Either serve as back up or for main use. Majority of gigs have 120v 20a outlets. Tops are at 1500w@ 4 and subs at 3400w @4. I have been  looking at used powersoft, crown hd, qsc pl, etc and out of price range. So now looking at other class D amplifier brands like studiomaster qx, cvr audio D, admark, sanway DA and Morin.

Can anyone recommend a good reliable subwoofer amp and tops amp for use on 120v @20a outlet in the states?

Thanks!
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 7:13am
All of the mentioned amps will perform best on 230V.
But you can always try.
BrainlessTekno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainlessTekno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 12:54pm
Well im no expert in amps, but i see you are looking for some budget options, i bought couple of the t.amp 1200 and i cannot be more satisfied. They are able to make decent bass and for the price they have prety impressive power. (worth the cost)
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2023 at 10:20am
If you try to operate Admark/Morin on 120 volts 20 amps, you are just going to trip the breakers on a constant basis. If you cannot feed these amplifiers a minimum of 208 volts single phase, these amplifiers are not for you.

Best Regards,  
Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply