Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 2:14pm
inuke is not a professional kind of amplifier.

It does not even have load independent frequency response,
it hurts my ears with most type of mid/high speakers..
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

but you did say about driving a bunch of scoops, hence the joke. I fully expected a smiling face and a comment like, yeah yeah yeah.

Take a look again, I've not mentioned anything about Scoops.

I stand corrected, you said subs. It really wasn't offensive Ray, just banter
It's everything, not everythink!
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 2:20pm
I heard them on berry mid tops, nazel, but who knows what was going on behind scenes. Back better this morning, heavyweight s live on.
It's everything, not everythink!
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

but you did say about driving a bunch of scoops, hence the joke. I fully expected a smiling face and a comment like, yeah yeah yeah.

Take a look again, I've not mentioned anything about Scoops.

I stand corrected, you said subs. It really wasn't offensive Ray, just banter

Cool, no problem.

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 2:52pm
Berry tops sound crap.

No need to panic Matrix on top duty. Just in case anyone is interested and puts their handbags down for long enough.

Edited by midas - 20 November 2017 at 2:52pm
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

Berry tops sound crap.

No need to panic Matrix on top duty. Just in case anyone is interested and puts their handbags down for long enough.

Matrix do sound great on mids/tops, but find Behringer more reliable.

We did gig 2x weeks ago, Approx 1200 people, 8x subs, 4x 2x15 kick cabs,  8x MTs, Bullets.

Berry Inuke 6Ks/NU4 6Ks on kick upwards, Berry 12Ks on sub.

BSS LMS, mids tops, clean, bright, sub warm and deep.

No complaints.

This is why sometimes what is said here about amps, can be dismissed as personal opinion.

Go hear/try stuff for yourself, make your own mind up.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 3:49pm
Think you miss read that.

Berry tops sound crap. Not berry on tops sound crap, I have never tried them on tops.

I like the sound of Matrix on tops, qsc, pkn.
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by midas midas wrote:

Think you miss read that.

Berry tops sound crap. Not berry on tops sound crap, I have never tried them on tops.

I like the sound of Matrix on tops, qsc, pkn.

Cool..

I don't own any Berry amps, I just tune my mate's set, to get best sound, out of what he has..

He does around 5x gigs per month with big set and Berrys, so they have paid for themselves, many times over,
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by APW APW wrote:

Originally posted by Tonskulus Tonskulus wrote:

620Watts for what? Average power for somekind of music?  Fact is, amplifier will draw more power than it gives. 
If we play hard some long dub bass tunes, lets say at 3000Watts rms for subwoofers, amplifier is pulling 3500-6000Watts of power from the wall depending of amplifier class (ab, h, or class d while D having the best efficiency of  ~95%).

Ho, here we go again....
I have just posted what's in the manual for both the Behringers and the Pv2600 that's all...... I would suspect that for the Behringer they are quoting for 1/8th average output power, as this is a fairly common measurement of power consumption for audio amplifiers and is how the PV is measured.

Music is normally NOT sign-waves.... and if it was we wouldn't be able to use any amp much above about 2500-2700 watts (even if the amp is 90% efficient) on a standard power outlet as the power requirements of the amplifier would outstrip the supply very quickly.  thankfully most music is nice and dynamic, and not sign-waves!!

I own the Peavey PV 2600. I would never consider operating this amplifier on a circuit smaller than 20 amperes (120-volt line source) unless, I don’t mind achieving half of its rated power at any given load. The voltage requirements that list 1/8th  of a power is fine for live music however, unacceptable for pre-recorded music.  

Best Regards,    

Elliot Thompson
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

I own the Peavey PV 2600. I would never consider operating this amplifier on a circuit smaller than 20 amperes (120-volt line source) unless, I don’t mind achieving half of its rated power at any given load. The voltage requirements that list 1/8th  of a power is fine for live music however, unacceptable for pre-recorded music.  

Best Regards,    

Please explain why the amp will only achieve half its rated power?
Is it that the amp is tripping the incoming supply breaker or is the amp not delivering the stated power?

The breaker on the rear of the European 220-240volt version of this amp is 7.5Amp, so the maximum continuous power draw of this amp is 1725 watt @230V (or 1800Watts @ 240V) before running the risk of the amp’s breaker coming out.

The 120V version has a 15amp breaker; so again, the maximum power draw can only ever be 1800 watts continuous before risking the breaker coming out.

If the amp is NOT delivering the specified power (and not popping the breaker) I would have thought it was because the 120V supply is not stiff enough and the incoming voltage is sagging under load, this is hardly the fault of the amp and more to do with inadequate cable sizing in the installation.

The Power draw at 1/8th output power spec is how Peavey specify in the amps manual, not something I’ve made up, personally I’d use the 1/3rd  power rating!!

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 3:34am

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Best Regards,    

Please explain why the amp will only achieve half its rated power?
Is it that the amp is tripping the incoming supply breaker or is the amp not delivering the stated power?

The breaker on the rear of the European 220-240volt version of this amp is 7.5Amp, so the maximum continuous power draw of this amp is 1725 watt @230V (or 1800Watts @ 240V) before running the risk of the amp’s breaker coming out.

The 120V version has a 15amp breaker; so again, the maximum power draw can only ever be 1800 watts continuous before risking the breaker coming out.

If the amp is NOT delivering the specified power (and not popping the breaker) I would have thought it was because the 120V supply is not stiff enough and the incoming voltage is sagging under load, this is hardly the fault of the amp and more to do with inadequate cable sizing in the installation.

The Power draw at 1/8th output power spec is how Peavey specify in the amps manual, not something I’ve made up, personally I’d use the 1/3rd  power rating!!

Amplifiers receiving line voltage sag is common with everyone that uses multiple amplifiers playing the same frequency band. The only ways to prevent such sagging is the have a stand alone voltage regulator or have amplifiers with an on-board voltage regulator that can build up the loss voltage from the A.C. Line Source.

When Peavey Amplifiers attain less than adequate current the amplifier will either premature clip or trip the breaker. Old Crown amplifiers were notorious for following the same type of behaviour in addition to Crest.    

I have actually benched the PV 2600 under a 15 ampere circuit and the amplifier would not meet its advertised specifications. It is only when I used a 20 ampere circuit the amplifier met/exceed its advertised specifications.

It does not matter what class the amplifier is designed under. All amplifiers are going to consume more current when needed to deliver the output voltage at the given load.  

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 6:11am

Originally posted by Tonskulus Tonskulus wrote:

620Watts for what? Average power for somekind of music?  Fact is, amplifier will draw more power than it gives. 
If we play hard some long dub bass tunes, lets say at 3000Watts rms for subwoofers, amplifier is pulling 3500-6000Watts of power from the wall depending of amplifier class (ab, h, or class d while D having the best efficiency of  ~95%).

Ho, here we go again....
I have just posted what's in the manual for both the Behringers and the Pv2600 that's all...... I would suspect that for the Behringer they are quoting for 1/8th average output power, as this is a fairly common measurement of power consumption for audio amplifiers and is how the PV is measured.

Music is normally NOT sign-waves.... and if it was we wouldn't be able to use any amp much above about 2500-2700 watts (even if the amp is 90% efficient) on a standard power outlet as the power requirements of the amplifier would outstrip the supply very quickly.  thankfully most music is nice and dynamic, and not sign-waves!!

Oh, well I didnt blame you but rather those manuals giving some weird figures of input power.. because it really depends on what kind of music we play. 
Some basic trance music, up to clipping = averag input for 6kW amp might be just 1kW. 
Now let's take some dub tracks with really low frequency, long bass lines. Average power increases to 3kWatts. 
Just as example.. I have blown some 10A breakers using 2 x 1500Wrms class ab amps w/ dubstep :D 
I measured input voltage decrease from 223V to 215V.  Surely amplifiers could not deliver the stated output power in these conditions. 
We really need heavy power wiring (16A rated) for these big amps which usually means 2 x 2.5mm2. 
Here in Finland,  1.5mm2 wiring is standard for 10A breakers.  Long runs having only 1.5mm2 really does make some voltage losses when pulling some amperes out of it. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>